Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 3rd 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New fares and Oyster

For those who remember the thread about the new fare structure penalising outsiders and TOC passengers I discovered an unanticipated further factor at East Putney this morning.

Last year I bought only two tube singles, the two I had bought to date when the thread was going. This morning I had to buy a £3 single because I had to stay in London last night (to meet my aged mother at Heathrow). It probably won't happen again all year so no thought of buying an Oyster card.

When I got to East Putney station shortly after 8:30 this morning I was glad of my decision. The only way top buy a ticket without a massive queue was from one of three simple cash-only machines with just two people at them. The queue (combined) for the ticket windows and Oyster capable machine was almost down to the Upper Richmond Road.

--
Colin Rosenstiel