Old February 6th 06, 07:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fascist cyclists

Laurence Payne wrote:
On Fri, 03 Feb 2006 17:48:52 +0000, Douglas Steel
wrote:

145: Do not hold up a long queue of traffic, especially if
you are driving a large or slow moving vehicle. Check your
mirrors frequently, and if necessary, pull in where it is
safe and let traffic pass.

That is a courtesy only, but one that I comply with when there
is a *long* queue (one or two cars doesn't count as a long queue
but I will move over if they have been behind for a significant time)
and it as safe and appropriate to pull over.

Why wouldn't you do it for one?

It is not required by the Highway Code, but I will be courteous
if it doesn't affect safety or greatly affect my progress.

As I said above:
"one or two cars doesn't count as a long queue but I will
move over if they have been behind for a significant time"

The definition of "significant time" will vary depending on the
circumstances, it may be a few seconds or several minutes.

Douglas