Old January 14th 06, 09:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.legal

Default Heathrow Express Scanners

Ian Stirling wrote:
In uk.legal Tim S wrote:

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:30:56 +0000, Adrian wrote:

Marc Brett ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Sorry, but I don't particularly want a stranger operating a machine
which can image the nipples and genitals of my 14 year old son or
daughter.

These people should be on the sex offenders register, not hailed as the
guardians of our safety.

snip

I agree with Marc, I do NOT want some low paid bloke looking at my, my
wife's or my children's skin outline. If these people are anything like
your average low paid civil servant (who I have worked with) or a security
guard watching CCTV monitors, I *know* full well they will be laughing
their arses off like monkeys at anything remotely amusing. Possibly
keeping a few images for the Christmas party too.

snip

http://www.theforbiddenknowledge.com...pi_scan_lg.jpg

It's not especially hard - if there is a 3D reasonable image, to go from
that, to a fairly decent nude image, based on facial and hand skin tone.
Of course, you won't get exact blemishes, or hair colour, but it'll be
pretty close.

Actually, it would open whole new lines of merchandising - eg "modesty"
panties and bras with woven-in gold/silver wire. The wire could be
woven into words, such as, "If you can read this, you should be ashamed
of yourself"..Or other wording that a lady wouldn't mention..

One argument I've heard is, "Why worry?, you show more on a beach".

Missing the points that many don't and that those that do are doing so
voluntarily. My points are my business and no one else's

--

Sue

Old January 16th 06, 01:15 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.legal

In uk.legal Palindr☻me wrote:
It's not especially hard - if there is a 3D reasonable image, to go from
that, to a fairly decent nude image, based on facial and hand skin tone.
Of course, you won't get exact blemishes, or hair colour, but it'll be
pretty close.

Actually, it would open whole new lines of merchandising - eg "modesty"
panties and bras with woven-in gold/silver wire. The wire could be
woven into words, such as, "If you can read this, you should be ashamed
of yourself"..Or other wording that a lady wouldn't mention..

One argument I've heard is, "Why worry?, you show more on a beach".

Missing the points that many don't and that those that do are doing so
voluntarily. My points are my business and no one else's

Interesting that a woman was refused entrance to a prison in America to
visit her husband (a convict) because she was not wearing a bra. As if
were a danger.

Axel.

Old January 16th 06, 01:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.legal

wrote:
In uk.legal Palindr☻me wrote:

[...]

Very moral and upright people, the Americans. I am surprised that she
didn't get locked up herself, as a result. An affront to public decency,
without a doubt.

It was possibly that she mde it evident that she was not wearing one -
rather than the simple situation of not doing so. Some points of the law
can be less obvious than others.

A lady, of course, would never allow such a situation to arise. The best
kept secrets are best kept secret.

--
Sue

Old January 16th 06, 01:55 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,uk.legal

In article ,
Palindrâ »me wrote:

A lady, of course, would never allow such a situation to arise. The best
kept secrets are best kept secret.

Secrecy is an option no lady will have, if the terahertz strip-search
technology comes into general use.

Incidentally the one at Paddington is an active scanner according to
the company that made it, not a passive receiver as the publicity claims.

Nick
--
So when is Tony Blair going to start treating *us* with respect ?