Old January 28th 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Chemical/gas Assault on London 172 bus last night 26/01/06

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:56:57 GMT, "text.news.ntlworld.com"
wrote:

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
On 27 Jan 2006 06:19:26 -0800, wrote:

I won't be living in London next year that is a fact.

In which case, you can congratulate yourself on letting "them" win.

It would only be a weirdo who would let pride stand in front of survival.

Thank **** Londoners in 1940 didn't think that.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/

Old January 29th 06, 01:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
On 27 Jan 2006 06:19:26 -0800, wrote:

I won't be living in London next year that is a fact.

In which case, you can congratulate yourself on letting "them" win.

It would only be a weirdo who would let pride stand in front of survival.

Thank **** Londoners in 1940 didn't think that.

Why? Fewer of them would have died as a result of bombs dropping on them...

tnnc.

Old January 29th 06, 09:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006 02:07:55 GMT, "text.news.ntlworld.com"
wrote:

Thank **** Londoners in 1940 didn't think that.

Why? Fewer of them would have died as a result of bombs dropping on them...

Many of them had no practical choice. Children were evacuated on a
state scheme. Adults weren't. Some who could afford to moved to a
safer location. Canada was a favourite for the nobs.
Old January 29th 06, 08:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

text.news.ntlworld.com wrote:
"MIG" wrote in message
oups.com...

text.news.ntlworld.com wrote:
"Nick Cooper" wrote in
message ...
On 27 Jan 2006 06:19:26 -0800, wrote:

I won't be living in London next year that is a fact.

In which case, you can congratulate yourself on letting "them" win.

It would only be a weirdo who would let pride stand in front of survival.

That'll be the people who get killed in cars instead of using public
transport.

I do not understand how "won't be living in London next year" equates with
"will be driving a car instead of using public transport".

Perhaps you could explain how you forged the link?

I have made no such link. The link is between the two sentences, one
of which followed the other in the conventional way, which I'll paste
from above.

"It would only be a weirdo who would let pride stand in front of
survival."

Followed by

"That'll be the people who get killed in cars instead of using public
transport."

My implication, if you didn't spot it, was that some people take pride
in driving their death machines around, often badly and often in busy
cities, but wouldn't be seen dead (ha) in a bus or train, and are
therefore weirdos according to the previous assertion.

Old January 31st 06, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

edzy55@... wrote:
After being questioned by a paramedic he seemed to think it may of been
cs gas. However, he said cs gas had a fragrant smell to it which I

Happened at Ealing last year
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4560591.stm