Old February 9th 06, 02:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Underground Strike

I see that those nice underpaid and overworked undreground drivers have
voted for a strike on the basis that industrial relations have
completely broken down. Could the passengers now also call for a strike
on the basis that tube travel on London is now a complete f**k-up.
You would think for the fares that we now pay it wouldn't be too much
to ask that a driver could put off his squash games, manage to stay
awake long enough to actually drive the bloody tube train. They are
paid well enough after all.
Now I will have another bloody row with Silverlink because as they say
it is nothing to do with them that my Watford to all zones travel card
can't be used in zone 1. Anybody would think that when I pay for a
ticket it is on the basis that I actually expect trains to run.

Kevin

Old February 9th 06, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

that my Watford to all zones travel card can't be used in zone 1.

Whyever not?

Old February 9th 06, 03:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"It is unreasonable to call strikes before consultation has taken place
on these issues and before the RMT have even told us their views on the
proposals we are consulting about."

If they were consultative documents why did they have an implementation
date?

Aslef's general secretary Keith Norman raised hopes that strikes could
be avoided when he revealed "considerable progress" had been made during
talks between the two sides.
Old February 9th 06, 04:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

If being a Train Operator is the cushy number you seem to think it is then
why aren't You training to join us ?
Tunnelrat
oups.com...

Old February 9th 06, 05:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tunnelrat wrote:
If being a Train Operator is the cushy number you seem to think it is then
why aren't You training to join us ?
Tunnelrat
"Kevin" wrote in message
oups.com...

I see that those nice underpaid and overworked undreground drivers have
voted for a strike on the basis that industrial relations have
completely broken down. Could the passengers now also call for a strike
on the basis that tube travel on London is now a complete f**k-up.
You would think for the fares that we now pay it wouldn't be too much
to ask that a driver could put off his squash games, manage to stay
awake long enough to actually drive the bloody tube train. They are
paid well enough after all.
Now I will have another bloody row with Silverlink because as they say
it is nothing to do with them that my Watford to all zones travel card
can't be used in zone 1. Anybody would think that when I pay for a
ticket it is on the basis that I actually expect trains to run.

Kevin

Sorry Tunnelrat, but there are plenty of people who would love to do our
job, think that we are overpaid (not by industry standards anymore),
underworked, and actually like going out on strike, the current dispute
is over the imposition of new policies covering sickness, spads etc,
they basically give managers the right to be judge, jury and executioner
you could be sacked just on a mangers suspicion, if these were
consultative documents why were they released on the company intranet,
why did they have implementation dates, the company have said that they
want to bring these policies in to get rid of the ****takers, they
already have the rules to do this but seem to choose not to use them,
myself and many of my colleagues would love to see the ****takers hit
hard, it never happens, WHY?

Personally I voted for strike action, because these policies are
draconian in the extreme, it takes something to get me to vote for a
strike, I don't think it will actually come to ASLEF going out on
strike, but the RMT are a different kettle of fish and like wasting
their members money.

Oh and if we really liked going out on strike, we'd wait for the summer,
and the world cup, game of golf in the morning then a match in the pub
in the afternoon

Old February 9th 06, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I haven't read LUL,s side of the story on this yet! (have they issued a
statement?) I would like to hear both sides of the story before passing
judgment!

Old February 9th 06, 07:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kevin wrote:
Could the passengers now also call for a strike
on the basis that tube travel on London is now a complete f**k-up.

No point in dong a one day strike. Just do what me, and four of the
other six people I live with have done and start cycling every day
instead. It's so much less sweaty, quicker and more reliable for most
journeys. Leave the tube for the tourists to suffer

Old February 9th 06, 07:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hobbayne wrote:
I haven't read LUL,s side of the story on this yet! (have they issued a
statement?) I would like to hear both sides of the story before passing
judgment!

LUs side

LU statement on Tube strike

London Underground today said there was no justification for strike
action announced by the RMT and ASLEF unions.

Responding to the unions' threat of strikes by Tube drivers on February
21 and March 2, a London Underground spokesperson said: "There is no
justification for strike action.

It is unreasonable to call strikes while consultation is taking place

"It is unreasonable to call strikes while consultation is taking place.

"London Underground is not imposing anything on Tube staff. The fact is
that we launched a consultation with all our trade unions on new
harassment, discipline and attendance procedures before Christmas. That
consultation continues.

"It is unreasonable to call strikes while consultation is taking place
on these issues.

"We hope that both unions will continue with talks to sort out these
matters through discussion and consultation."
Old February 9th 06, 10:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

****.

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com
Old February 9th 06, 11:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Personally I voted for strike action

****.

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com

There just no getting away from it. You really have got a way with words.

Your not on the LU negotiating team by any chance?

Regards
Clyde