Old February 10th 06, 07:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Underground Strike

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:52:49 GMT, "CLYDE DEMPSTER"
wrote:

"James Farrar" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 18:02:33 GMT, "www.waspies.net"
wrote:

Personally I voted for strike action

****.

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com

There just no getting away from it. You really have got a way with words.

It's an accurate summary of my opinions.

Your not on the LU negotiating team by any chance?

Negotiations? What negotiations? It's straight to ballot these days,
since "industrial relations have broken down"!

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com

Old February 10th 06, 08:38 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Personally I voted for strike action

****.

MOTHER what are you doing on here
Old February 10th 06, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I'm a Driver on the District Line, and an RMT member, I actually voted
against strike action but will abide by the decision to strike because a
union is only as strong as its active membership.

Tunnelrat
"www.waspies.net" wrote in message
Tunnelrat wrote:
If being a Train Operator is the cushy number you seem to think it is
then why aren't You training to join us ?
Tunnelrat
"Kevin" wrote in message
oups.com...

I see that those nice underpaid and overworked undreground drivers have
voted for a strike on the basis that industrial relations have
completely broken down. Could the passengers now also call for a strike
on the basis that tube travel on London is now a complete f**k-up.
You would think for the fares that we now pay it wouldn't be too much
to ask that a driver could put off his squash games, manage to stay
awake long enough to actually drive the bloody tube train. They are
paid well enough after all.
Now I will have another bloody row with Silverlink because as they say
it is nothing to do with them that my Watford to all zones travel card
can't be used in zone 1. Anybody would think that when I pay for a
ticket it is on the basis that I actually expect trains to run.

Kevin

Sorry Tunnelrat, but there are plenty of people who would love to do our
job, think that we are overpaid (not by industry standards anymore),
underworked, and actually like going out on strike, the current dispute is
over the imposition of new policies covering sickness, spads etc, they
basically give managers the right to be judge, jury and executioner you
could be sacked just on a mangers suspicion, if these were consultative
documents why were they released on the company intranet, why did they
have implementation dates, the company have said that they want to bring
these policies in to get rid of the ****takers, they already have the
rules to do this but seem to choose not to use them, myself and many of my
colleagues would love to see the ****takers hit hard, it never happens,
WHY?

Personally I voted for strike action, because these policies are draconian
in the extreme, it takes something to get me to vote for a strike, I don't
think it will actually come to ASLEF going out on strike, but the RMT are
a different kettle of fish and like wasting their members money.

Oh and if we really liked going out on strike, we'd wait for the summer,
and the world cup, game of golf in the morning then a match in the pub in
the afternoon

Old February 10th 06, 10:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"www.waspies.net" wrote in message
Oh and if we really liked going out on strike, we'd wait for the summer,
and the world cup, game of golf in the morning then a match in the pub in
the afternoon

So you wouldn't strike on New Years Eve and celebrate the New Year in?

Old February 10th 06, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

elyob wrote:
"www.waspies.net" wrote in message

Oh and if we really liked going out on strike, we'd wait for the summer,
and the world cup, game of golf in the morning then a match in the pub in
the afternoon

So you wouldn't strike on New Years Eve and celebrate the New Year in?

New year, not interested, thats for the scots
Old February 10th 06, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

No this is not what I meant. "Will this new procedure benefit staff and
passengers?"......"What do LUL hope to achieve by implementing these
new working practices?"
These sort of questions.
LUL have not put across their case in their defence yet, only managing
to annoy brother Bob so far, but we need to hear both sides of the
story!

Old February 10th 06, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hobbayne wrote:
No this is not what I meant. "Will this new procedure benefit staff and
passengers?"......"What do LUL hope to achieve by implementing these
new working practices?"
These sort of questions.
LUL have not put across their case in their defence yet, only managing
to annoy brother Bob so far, but we need to hear both sides of the
story!

I think what I wrote initally said that it is supposed to hit the
****takers, but it gives far too much power to managers without having a
free and fair system that allows staff to appeal against a decision,
that would be removed under the new system.
Just think of the worst manager you've ever had and trust him/her to
make a decision about your employment!
Old February 10th 06, 01:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

"www.waspies.net" wrote in message
Personally I voted for strike action, because these policies are draconian
in the extreme, it takes something to get me to vote for a strike, I don't
think it will actually come to ASLEF going out on strike, but the RMT are
a different kettle of fish and like wasting their members money.

**** you. Other people in other jobs don't have to resort to screwing over
the public when there's a strike. ****, even other public transport
companies strike without adverseley affecting the public.

grow up.

Old February 10th 06, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

WAH WAH **** OFF d (cant even pick a name) I'm off to work!