Old April 4th 06, 09:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default KX TUBE - replacement steps opening schedule?

The other weekend I was up at KX and was suprised too see the new steps
replacing the old ones in front of WH Smiths still haven't opened.
They look completely finished behind the hoarding so is the idea to
open everything in a big bang rather than incrementally?

Old April 11th 06, 10:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
jb jb is offline

kytelly wrote:
The other weekend I was up at KX and was suprised too see the new steps
replacing the old ones in front of WH Smiths still haven't opened.
They look completely finished behind the hoarding so is the idea to
open everything in a big bang rather than incrementally?

I'm surprised there has been no comment on this post so far. I would
like to think that all sorts of frenzied activity is going on behind
the scenes at KX but to us, the public, the works seem to be
progressing at a snail's pace. The new stairs seem to have been on the
point of opening for months but presumably cannot do so until the
temporary ticket offices in front of them are decommissioned and
removed, and presumably that can't happen until the new ticket offices
down in the tube hall are ready. The only signs of recent progress here
are that the wraps have come off the counters and the chip 'n pin
machines within the last week.

Does anybody have any ideas regarding tentative opening dates of the
stairs and the western ticket hall?

Old April 11th 06, 12:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

jb wrote:
[...]

The Western Ticket Hall looks finished - you can see it, apparently
fully fitted out, through the hoardings at the front of St Pancras.
However, LUL seem to have stopped mentioning an April date for WTH
opening, which suggests it's slipped for Mysterious And Bizarre
Reasons.

If anyone does have a date, it'd be nice to hear it...!

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old April 11th 06, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The western ticket hall should be opening in about 4 weeks, dependant on
final hand-over and approvals.

Old April 11th 06, 02:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John B wrote:
The Western Ticket Hall looks finished - you can see it, apparently
fully fitted out, through the hoardings at the front of St Pancras.
However, LUL seem to have stopped mentioning an April date for WTH
opening, which suggests it's slipped for Mysterious And Bizarre
Reasons.

If anyone does have a date, it'd be nice to hear it...!

Passing by the Western Ticket Hall I noticed a few letters on the
scaffolding regarding the length of time for which Sloane Scaffolding
are allowed to maintain possession of it. Try this:
http://edwardsloley7774.fotopic.net/p27771450.html (apologies for the
inconvenient size)

Old April 11th 06, 03:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John B wrote:
The Western Ticket Hall looks finished - you can see it, apparently
fully fitted out, through the hoardings at the front of St Pancras.
However, LUL seem to have stopped mentioning an April date for WTH
opening, which suggests it's slipped for Mysterious And Bizarre
Reasons.

If anyone does have a date, it'd be nice to hear it...!

Passing by the Western Ticket Hall I noticed a few letters on the
scaffolding regarding the length of time for which Sloane Scaffolding
are allowed to maintain possession of it. Try this:
http://edwardsloley7774.fotopic.net/p27771450.html (apologies for the
inconvenient size)

EDIT: have just altered the size of the pics
Old April 11th 06, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

jb wrote:
kytelly wrote:
[...]

I got rather confused heading to St Pancras at the weekend having not
been through it for a while - got off the Tube at KX and got to the
surface, and instinctively followed the first sign I saw pointing
towards St Pancras to the left - and walked straight into a dead end
around the corner (along with several other people).

I'd gotten used to following the signs as the route changed from time to
time. I presumed that the fact that the new sign pointed in that
direction meant that route would be opening soon (and replacing the
current exit to St Pancras)...

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old April 11th 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Robin Mayes) wrote:

The western ticket hall should be opening in about 4 weeks, dependant
on final hand-over and approvals.

When will the old tube ticket hall be replaced underground so the
inaccessible surface nonsense can be removed?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 11th 06, 10:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Robin Mayes) wrote:

The western ticket hall should be opening in about 4 weeks, dependant
on final hand-over and approvals.

When will the old tube ticket hall be replaced underground so the
inaccessible surface nonsense can be removed?

Which ticket hall (and what surface nonsense) do you mean?

PaulO