Old April 20th 06, 01:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default RIP Wagn

In article .com,
(Paul Oter) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article .com,
(Paul Oter) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article
.com,
(Jonathan Morris) wrote:

Dave Plumb wrote:

http://www.whatmobile.net/tmp/fcc/wagnliveson.jpg

(Notice too that it's just CAPITAL CONNECT on the right hand
display).

chuckle It also shows how "FirstCapitalConnect" only just
fits by leaving out all the spaces. How soon before Network Rail
switch to "FCC" I wonder?

At KX this evening both the main and smaller departure boards were
showing the TOC as "First Cap Connect"

Hmm. Missed that. I was too busy trying to figure which platform the
19:15 was going to depart from. It was definitely
FirstCapitalConnect
yesterday.

Strange - I was on the 1915 too. I was referring to the displays that
give a list of departures: the big one in the main concourse and the
smaller ones such as the one facing the York Road entrance. These were
all using the wording First Cap Connect at about 1905 last night.
(Though I wonder whether the TOC itself approved the abbreviation).

The displays on the platforms which only show a single departure were
showing First Capital Connect.

We may well see further variations in the future as staff learn how to
cope with this ridiculously long name.

Sorry. I meant the day before. I didn't notice the signs yesterday. I
was too preoccupied with getting myself on the train which wasn't on its
usual platform.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old April 20th 06, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Oter:
The displays on the platforms which only show a single departure were
showing First Capital Connect.

We may well see further variations in the future as staff learn how to
cope with this ridiculously long name.

Um, well, it is a shorter name than "West Anglia Great Northern". Let
alone "Great Northern, Piccadilly & Brompton", to take just one old-time
name that comes to mind.
--
Mark Brader "Succeed, and you'll be remembered for a very long time.
Toronto Fail, and you'll be remembered even longer."
Old April 20th 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mark Brader wrote:
Paul Oter:
The displays on the platforms which only show a single departure were
showing First Capital Connect.

We may well see further variations in the future as staff learn how to
cope with this ridiculously long name.

Um, well, it is a shorter name than "West Anglia Great Northern".

Yes, but WAGN almost always shortened their own name to WAGN (or
sometimes wagn) in timetables and on the sides of trains. FCC seem not
to want to abbreviate their name to FCC.

PaulO

Old April 21st 06, 05:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Oter" wrote in message
oups.com...
Mark Brader wrote:
Paul Oter:
The displays on the platforms which only show a single departure were
showing First Capital Connect.

We may well see further variations in the future as staff learn how to
cope with this ridiculously long name.

Um, well, it is a shorter name than "West Anglia Great Northern".

Yes, but WAGN almost always shortened their own name to WAGN (or
sometimes wagn) in timetables and on the sides of trains. FCC seem not
to want to abbreviate their name to FCC.

Or "ICC" to rhyme with "ICK".

:-)
--
Brian

Old April 21st 06, 09:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mark Brader wrote:
Paul Oter:
The displays on the platforms which only show a single departure were
showing First Capital Connect.

We may well see further variations in the future as staff learn how to
cope with this ridiculously long name.

Um, well, it is a shorter name than "West Anglia Great Northern". Let
alone "Great Northern, Piccadilly & Brompton", to take just one old-time
name that comes to mind.

Or Charing Cross, Euston and Hampstead.
Even OT:- Stalybridge, Hyde, Mossley and Dukinfield Tramways and
Electricity Board (hey, they use rails too;-) ).
Ob. railways Also the Easton Neston(forgot the rest), part of the S&MJ.

Old April 22nd 06, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article .com,
(Paul Oter) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article .com,
(Paul Oter) wrote:

I was referring to the displays that
give a list of departures: the big one in the main concourse and
the smaller ones such as the one facing the York Road entrance.
These were all using the wording First Cap Connect at about 1905
last night. (Though I wonder whether the TOC itself approved the
abbreviation).

The displays on the platforms which only show a single departure
were showing First Capital Connect.

I noticed that both the main departure displays and those at the
platform ends were showing First Cap Connect when I got the 19:45
tonight.

The arrivals board (to the right of the main departure board) also
shows First Cap Connect. Though this is still too long for the display
and collides with the text to its left.

I'd forgive FCC a lot if they could produce timetable information for
tomorrow. No trains Cambridge-London by either route. The *only*
timetable information (apart from individual trains via NRE) I can find
is a poster on the platform at Cambridge station. No leaflets, nothing
on the FCC web site beyond:

"Hitchin to Cambridge
WHERE Hitchin (HIT) to Cambridge (CBG)
WHEN 23 April 2006
DETAILS All day buses replace trains."

My brother is passing through London arriving late tonight and off early
Monday morning. I'm going to have to drive.

Oh, and Sunday is the London Marathon too. But that idiocy is Network
Rail's. :-(

--
Colin Rosenstiel