Old April 15th 06, 05:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Two LUL signs

There is a sign on the northbound platform at the Oval which I think is
unique:
http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/46/...0/Image010.jpg
I have mentioned this before and the most sensible answer I got was that it
stands for All your base are belong to us!!
Now I have a photo so people don't think I am a hoaxer. I didn't take a
photo last time because I thought the sign may have been a warning not to
take photographs.

I also noticed this in the Kiss Me Hardy pub at Colliers Wood:
http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/46/...0/Image001.jpg
It is from a souvenir tea towel which has been mounted behind glass (MEDIUM
AND MESSAGE, PEOPLE!). The tea towel gives the meaning of nautical flags. I
thought that the flag for "You are running into danger!" - the battenburg
one - looked a bit like a "Warning, limited clearance sign."
I wonder if that is a coincidence?

Mobiles with cameras are so useful!

--
Work like the ponies in coalmines.
Dance like the teardrop explodes.

Old April 15th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Alan OBrien wrote:
There is a sign on the northbound platform at the Oval which I
think is unique:
http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/46/...0/Image010.jpg
I have mentioned this before and the most sensible answer I got was
that it stands for All your base are belong to us!!
Now I have a photo so people don't think I am a hoaxer. I didn't
take a photo last time because I thought the sign may have been a
warning not to take photographs.

It appears to say TSB118A1, but the final "1" is shorter than the
others, and the layout of the characters suggests that it was originally
TSB118A, as your previous post said. The odd thing is that the typeface
is neither Johnston nor New Johnston.

Above it there seems to be a white space between two adverts, or is it a
removable panel? Is there anything else above the white space?
--
Richard J.

Old April 15th 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Alan OBrien" wrote in message
o.uk...
There is a sign on the northbound platform at the Oval which I think is
unique:
http://photos1.blogger.com/hello/46/...0/Image010.jpg
I have mentioned this before and the most sensible answer I got was that

it
stands for All your base are belong to us!!

Looks like a sign to denote some infrastructure (track / signalling / etc.)
feature to me. Although, does it stand for Temporary Speed Bump?

Old April 15th 06, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Robin
Mayes writes

Looks like a sign to denote some infrastructure (track / signalling / etc.)
feature to me. Although, does it stand for Temporary Speed Bump?

I wonder if "TSB" stands for track-side box ... but no idea what it
means if that is the case!

--
Paul Terry
Old April 15th 06, 10:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Robin
Mayes writes

Looks like a sign to denote some infrastructure (track /
signalling / etc.) feature to me. Although, does it stand for
Temporary Speed Bump?

I wonder if "TSB" stands for track-side box ... but no idea what it
means if that is the case!

Train-op Sushi Bar?

It's a similar sign to the "newer style asset sign" shown at
http://www.districtlinephotos.co.uk/...allery_17.html,
which is also in a non-Johnston typeface.

--
Richard J.

Old April 15th 06, 11:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Terry" wrote in message
In message , Robin Mayes
writes

Looks like a sign to denote some infrastructure (track / signalling /
etc.)
feature to me. Although, does it stand for Temporary Speed Bump?

I wonder if "TSB" stands for track-side box ... but no idea what it means
if that is the case!

"Train stopping board" was what popped into my head.

Old April 16th 06, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
k...
Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Robin
Mayes writes

Looks like a sign to denote some infrastructure (track /
signalling / etc.) feature to me. Although, does it stand for
Temporary Speed Bump?

I wonder if "TSB" stands for track-side box ... but no idea what it
means if that is the case!

Train-op Sushi Bar?

It's a similar sign to the "newer style asset sign" shown at
http://www.districtlinephotos.co.uk/...allery_17.html,
which is also in a non-Johnston typeface.

According to my resident expert, there is no good reason the infracos
haven't used the Johnston typeface.