London Banter

-   -   What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4084-what-longest-route-london-monday.html)

TKD April 19th 06 10:59 AM

What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

"StephenC" wrote in message
oups.com...

barry.irwin1 wrote:

How much running Etc

The longest Tube journey is on the Central Line, West Ruislip to
Epping, at 54.9 km (34.1 miles).

Although 11km or so are not in London but in the Epping Forest district of
Essex.

Marc Brett April 19th 06 11:54 AM

What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 15:51:00 GMT, "barry.irwin1"

The Circle Line?

Keith Raeburn April 19th 06 12:22 PM

What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

By an odd coincidence, today's N207 Holborn - Uxbridge was previously
numbered N89 until some years ago (although it was then, I believe,
Trafalgar Square - Uxbridge as all night buses then centred on
Trafalgar Square).

Andy April 19th 06 08:28 PM

What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

"StephenC" wrote in message
oups.com...

barry.irwin1 wrote:

How much running Etc

The longest Tube journey is on the Central Line, West Ruislip to
Epping, at 54.9 km (34.1 miles).

Can't you do Cockfosters - Cockfosters via the Heathrow loop that would be
longer?

Tim Roll-Pickering April 19th 06 09:39 PM

Andy wrote:

The longest Tube journey is on the Central Line, West Ruislip to
Epping, at 54.9 km (34.1 miles).

Can't you do Cockfosters - Cockfosters via the Heathrow loop that would be
longer?

Are there any services from West Ruslip and back through Hainault and
Woodford?

Steve Fitzgerald April 20th 06 02:37 PM

What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

In message , Andy
writes

"StephenC" wrote in message
roups.com...

barry.irwin1 wrote:

How much running Etc

The longest Tube journey is on the Central Line, West Ruislip to
Epping, at 54.9 km (34.1 miles).

Can't you do Cockfosters - Cockfosters via the Heathrow loop that would be
longer?

Not until September - the loop's closed for the T5 extension;)

Roland Perry April 20th 06 02:44 PM

What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

In message , at 21:28:41 on Wed, 19
Apr 2006, Andy remarked:
The longest Tube journey is on the Central Line, West Ruislip to
Epping, at 54.9 km (34.1 miles).

Can't you do Cockfosters - Cockfosters via the Heathrow loop that would be
longer?

Not at the moment, the loop is closed.

Roland Perry April 20th 06 02:45 PM

What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

In message , at 11:59:34 on Wed,
19 Apr 2006, TKD remarked:
The longest Tube journey is on the Central Line, West Ruislip to
Epping, at 54.9 km (34.1 miles).

Although 11km or so are not in London but in the Epping Forest district of
Essex.

When this newsgroup was set up we discussed at great length what the
definition of "London" was. I'm pretty sure we decided that it included
inside the M25 plus all outposts of LUL.

TKD April 20th 06 03:49 PM

What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
.uk...
In message , at 11:59:34 on Wed, 19
Apr 2006, TKD remarked:
The longest Tube journey is on the Central Line, West Ruislip to
Epping, at 54.9 km (34.1 miles).

Although 11km or so are not in London but in the Epping Forest district
of
Essex.

When this newsgroup was set up we discussed at great length what the
definition of "London" was. I'm pretty sure we decided that it included
inside the M25 plus all outposts of LUL.

I very much doubt the OP was using that definition.

Mike Bristow April 20th 06 06:13 PM

What is the longest route in LONDON.... Monday - Friday ?

In article ,
Andy wrote:
The longest Tube journey is on the Central Line, West Ruislip to
Epping, at 54.9 km (34.1 miles).

Can't you do Cockfosters - Cockfosters via the Heathrow loop that would be
longer?

If you're lucky you can probably do somewhere-in-west-london and
back again on the central line via it's loop - or do they turf
passengers out of those trains?

--
I don't play The Game - it's for five-year-olds with delusions of adulthood.