Old April 20th 06, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster question

LOL how many times has that been the "Subject" on UTL over the past couple
of years :-))

Anyway, here's my question. As you know, PAYG means I can give my card out
to other people - eg when my mother comes over from Spain to visit me in
August. It's transferrable, as long as two people aren't using it for the
same journey, natch.

Does this mean that if my mother were to use it in the morning, then I were
to use it in the evening, and we're not together on either journey,
obviously my journey would be capped probably before I return home.

I take it though that this is not considered illegal... correct?

Old April 20th 06, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tristán White" typed

I take it though that this is not considered illegal... correct?

Correct as far as I can see.

Ssshhh....

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old April 20th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 09:20:07 -0500, "Tristán White"
wrote:

LOL how many times has that been the "Subject" on UTL over the past couple
of years :-))

Anyway, here's my question. As you know, PAYG means I can give my card out
to other people - eg when my mother comes over from Spain to visit me in
August. It's transferrable, as long as two people aren't using it for the
same journey, natch.

Does this mean that if my mother were to use it in the morning, then I were
to use it in the evening, and we're not together on either journey,
obviously my journey would be capped probably before I return home.

I take it though that this is not considered illegal... correct?

As the cap is something specific to Oyster PAYG and is NOT a One Day
ticket in the usual sense and Oyster is transferable under the
conditions you state then I can see no problem at all.

If you were to be checked how on earth would anyone know it was not you
who did the morning journeys unless you volunteered that information?
--
Paul C

Old April 20th 06, 07:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

LOL how many times has that been the "Subject" on UTL over the past couple
of years :-))

Anyway, here's my question. As you know, PAYG means I can give my card out
to other people - eg when my mother comes over from Spain to visit me in
August. It's transferrable, as long as two people aren't using it for the
same journey, natch.

Does this mean that if my mother were to use it in the morning, then I were
to use it in the evening, and we're not together on either journey,
obviously my journey would be capped probably before I return home.

I take it though that this is not considered illegal... correct?

As the cap is something specific to Oyster PAYG and is NOT a One Day
ticket in the usual sense and Oyster is transferable under the
conditions you state then I can see no problem at all.

Quite - it's like any other PAYG journey but the ones you will be making
just happen to cost £0.00...

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old April 20th 06, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tristán White" wrote in message
. 109.145...
LOL how many times has that been the "Subject" on UTL over the past couple
of years :-))

Anyway, here's my question. As you know, PAYG means I can give my card out
to other people - eg when my mother comes over from Spain to visit me in
August. It's transferrable, as long as two people aren't using it for the
same journey, natch.

Does this mean that if my mother were to use it in the morning, then I

were
to use it in the evening, and we're not together on either journey,
obviously my journey would be capped probably before I return home.

I take it though that this is not considered illegal... correct?

Just like a paper Travelcard is transferable. You can give that to your mum
when you've finished with it and she can carry on using it.

Is that strictly illegal though?

A.

Old April 20th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"londoncityslicker" typed

I take it though that this is not considered illegal... correct?

Just like a paper Travelcard is transferable. You can give that to your mum
when you've finished with it and she can carry on using it.

Is that strictly illegal though?

A.

Yes. AIUI paper Travelcards are NOT transferable legally.
Oyster Prepay is legally transferable.

Capping was introduced after Oyster Prepay...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old April 21st 06, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , londoncityslicker
writes

Just like a paper Travelcard is transferable. You can give that to your mum
when you've finished with it and she can carry on using it.

Is that strictly illegal though?

On the back of a travelcard it clearly states that it "is not
transferable from one customer to another".

--
Paul Terry
Old April 22nd 06, 01:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote
[...]
when you've finished with it and she can carry on using it.

Is that strictly illegal though?

On the back of a travelcard it clearly states that it "is not
transferable from one customer to another".

But on the front of my SWT Day ticket plus travelcard it merely says
'Not for resale'.
(and refers only to 'conditions of carriage' on the back).

--
Mike D