Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 27th 06, 10:51 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default New camera scam

The City Of London Police have announced that they will prosecute not only
drivers who go through the final stop line when the traffic light is reds,
but also drivers who go through the initial stop line before the cycle box.
This makes it noticeably harder to stop legally during the amber phase. I
don't see how the police can do this without lengthening the amber phase to
compensate, but even that doesn't really help. I think the only fair
solution is to remove the final stop line - since cyclists have no license
plates, the final stop line no longer serves any purpose except to allow the
prosecution of drivers who went through the meaningful initial stop line
during the amber phase, which will of course increase scamera revenue, at
the expense of large amounts of tax revenue when professional drivers lose
their licences in droves (drove being the past tense of drive.... hehehe).

Incidentally, I waited immediately behind the cycle box yesterday for the
green light for turning right from Silvertown Way to George Street, and
after about five minutes the driver behind tapped on my window and informed
me that the sensor only activated if I pulled my car forward onto the green
box!

TfL's latest scam - charging twice for a bus journey Steve London Transport 7 October 15th 13 03:13 PM
Nice oyster scam [email protected] London Transport 19 June 19th 08 05:31 PM
Ticket scam Nicks London Transport 34 March 16th 07 12:00 AM
Suspected Scam Oyster on Buses [email protected] London Transport 21 September 19th 06 10:37 AM
petrol scam IOOA London Transport 3 September 13th 03 01:27 PM