Old June 5th 06, 06:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default For the young at heart ...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...le.asp?id=1076

A NEW animation series arriving today on a television screen near you is
set to win the hearts of children (both young and old) across the
country. The series of 26 episodes follows the adventures of Ernie, a
supervisor at International Underground station, and his escapades
working with a busy network of Underground trains.

To catch Ernie in action, the series is being screened every weekday for
four weeks from today on BBC2 at 9am and at 4.30pm on CBeebies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/charac...ergroundernie/

I can't recognise Mr Rails as being based on anyone I know in the
Infracos ;-)
--
Paul C

Old June 5th 06, 10:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 19:09:22 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote in :
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...le.asp?id=1076

A NEW animation series arriving today on a television screen near you is
set to win the hearts of children (both young and old) across the
country. The series of 26 episodes follows the adventures of Ernie, a
supervisor at International Underground station, and his escapades
working with a busy network of Underground trains.

To catch Ernie in action, the series is being screened every weekday for
four weeks from today on BBC2 at 9am and at 4.30pm on CBeebies.

Paul, you've got to get out more!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/charac...ergroundernie/

I can't recognise Mr Rails as being based on anyone I know in the
Infracos ;-)

There's a comment I'd better not make...

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old June 6th 06, 12:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Paul Corfield wrote:

To catch Ernie in action, the series is being screened every weekday for
four weeks from today on BBC2 at 9am and at 4.30pm on CBeebies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/charac...ergroundernie/

Bloody hell, this signalling stuff's tougher than i thought:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/funand...thetrain.shtml

tom

--
If it ain't Alberta, it ain't beef.
Old June 6th 06, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...le.asp?id=1076

A NEW animation series arriving today on a television screen near you is
set to win the hearts of children (both young and old) across the
country. The series of 26 episodes follows the adventures of Ernie, a
supervisor at International Underground station, and his escapades
working with a busy network of Underground trains.

To catch Ernie in action, the series is being screened every weekday for
four weeks from today on BBC2 at 9am and at 4.30pm on CBeebies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/charac...ergroundernie/

I can't recognise Mr Rails as being based on anyone I know in the
Infracos ;-)

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...le.asp?id=1076

I had to laugh at the "fast and furious" twins Hammersmith & City!

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com
Old June 6th 06, 05:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Dr Ivan D. Reid
writes
Paul, you've got to get out more!

On the contrary, Ivan, I suspect this is one of the very few reasons to
stay *in* for television these days! :-))
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old June 7th 06, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:29:59 +0100, Ian Jelf
wrote in :
In message , Dr Ivan D. Reid
writes
Paul, you've got to get out more!

On the contrary, Ivan, I suspect this is one of the very few reasons to
stay *in* for television these days! :-))

I'll take your word for it; everybody[1] knows I don't have a TV!

[1] Except TVL, whose mindset refuses to contemplate a house without TV.

Old June 7th 06, 10:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dr Ivan D. Reid wrote:
I'll take your word for it; everybody[1] knows I don't have a TV!

[1] Except TVL, whose mindset refuses to contemplate a house without TV.

Yes, they are a pain, aren't they? "Guilty until proven innocent"
seems to be their mantra, except for the "until proven innocent" bit.

I got rid of them by writing a strongly-worded letter using
"harassment" and "seeking legal advice" a lot!

PhilD

Old June 7th 06, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in :
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-cent...le.asp?id=1076

A NEW animation series arriving today on a television screen near you is
set to win the hearts of children (both young and old) across the
country. The series of 26 episodes follows the adventures of Ernie, a
supervisor at International Underground station, and his escapades
working with a busy network of Underground trains.

To catch Ernie in action, the series is being screened every weekday for
four weeks from today on BBC2 at 9am and at 4.30pm on CBeebies.

Paul, you've got to get out more!

Oh I don't know Ivan. As Ian J said I think it'd be safe to say that
Underground Ernie will be a damn site more entertaining that half the
drivel that passes for normal programming.

I made the post because I recall there being a mention when the series
was first announced a number of months ago and also because there are
posters on almost every tube platform advertising the series!

I did record the episode yesterday just to see what it was like. There
were several moments when the cartoon antics were perilously close to
what can pass for reality at LU at times ;-)

--
Paul C

Old June 8th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

news

wrote in :
[...]

The posters appear to have gone up in most depots as well. And what most of
the lads at Arnos want to know is what SS or DSM booked Ernie on whilst he
was wearing non-uniform issue brown work boots? That probably don't comply
with the relevant H&S legislation..:-)
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.