London Banter

-   -   London Underground route finder for your journey with Google Maps (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4216-london-underground-route-finder-your.html)

David Tran June 16th 06 12:01 PM

London Underground route finder for your journey with Google Maps

Richard M Willis wrote:

"David Tran" wrote in message

I have added walk paths for some, but walking is not always a preferred
option for all. Maybe the next version I will add support for opting in
or out of walking. Also, a lot of stations around Liverpool Street
station are within walking distance of each other anyway :-)

Why isn't "walking" "a preferred option for all" ?

On the examples quoted at least, the walks underground to change
lines are going to be at least as long as the surface walks to
an alternative station.

Richard [in SG19]

I guess you are right if you live in London. If you are visiting
London, surely you put more trust in the Tube system, rather than your
sense of direction in the outside world :-)

The Google Map popup for each station does show the stations in the
vicinity, so I guess the walking option has always been there, in a
way.

David