Old July 30th 03, 03:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Credit card sized tube map...

....who wants one? Pound a go.

They're robust and fit in your wallet. If you've got one of those
windows in your wallet, you can view the tube map without even taking
the card out.

Yes, you can get maps for free from LT, but they're not credit card
sized.

Just getting an idea for demand...if there's enough interest, they'll
be ready in August this year.

Old July 30th 03, 05:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

"Chris" wrote in message
om...
...who wants one? Pound a go.

not many I would guess.

They're robust and fit in your wallet. If you've got one of those
windows in your wallet, you can view the tube map without even taking
the card out.

How can I possibly read a tube map that 2 inch by 1 inch?

Yes, you can get maps for free from LT, but they're not credit card
sized.

Just getting an idea for demand...if there's enough interest, they'll
be ready in August this year.

So the day after tomorrow then

tim

Old July 30th 03, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"tim" wrote the following in:

"Chris" wrote in message
om...

They're robust and fit in your wallet. If you've got one of
those windows in your wallet, you can view the tube map without
even taking the card out.

How can I possibly read a tube map that 2 inch by 1 inch?

I've owned such a map in the past and it showed the central area on one
side and the east and west areas on the back.

Yes, you can get maps for free from LT, but they're not credit
card sized.

Just getting an idea for demand...if there's enough interest,
they'll be ready in August this year.

So the day after tomorrow then

He said "in August" not "on the first day of August". If you're going
to try to be pedantic like that, you really ought to be a bit more
careful about the details.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.
Old July 30th 03, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Robin May" wrote in message
They're robust and fit in your wallet. If you've got one of
those windows in your wallet, you can view the tube map without
even taking the card out.

How can I possibly read a tube map that 2 inch by 1 inch?

I've owned such a map in the past and it showed the central area on one
side and the east and west areas on the back.

I think I remember having one of those. I certainly hate having pockets full
of bulky things, especially in the summer (bulging pockets = hot & sweaty,
not in a good way

So, for the original poster, yes, but I'd like to know if it's double-sided,
or fold-out, or just incredibly well printed.

So the day after tomorrow then

He said "in August" not "on the first day of August". If you're going
to try to be pedantic like that, you really ought to be a bit more
careful about the details.

Quite. Although mitigating circumstance, in that the original post was a bit
of an advertisment!

Old July 30th 03, 09:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Chris wrote:

...who wants one? Pound a go.

How much is your license from TfL, out of interest?

Old July 30th 03, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
tim tim is offline

"Robin May" wrote in message
"tim" wrote the following in:

"Chris" wrote in message
om...

They're robust and fit in your wallet. If you've got one of
those windows in your wallet, you can view the tube map without
even taking the card out.

How can I possibly read a tube map that 2 inch by 1 inch?

I've owned such a map in the past and it showed the central area on one
side and the east and west areas on the back.

Yes, you can get maps for free from LT, but they're not credit
card sized.

Just getting an idea for demand...if there's enough interest,
they'll be ready in August this year.

So the day after tomorrow then

He said "in August" not "on the first day of August". If you're going
to try to be pedantic like that, you really ought to be a bit more
careful about the details.

But even so, if he hasn't yet decide if he's going to do it,
he'll be pushed for the end of august as well

tim

Old July 30th 03, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kieran Turner wrote:

So, for the original poster, yes, but I'd like to know if it's double-sided,
or fold-out, or just incredibly well printed.

Or, in my case, whether a free magnifying glass is supplied with each
map.

--
John Ray, London UK.

Mail to mefp49 is unlikely to be read. I can be contacted at xcf70 (same
ISP).
Old July 30th 03, 11:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Chris" wrote in message
om...

Yes, you can get maps for free from LT, but they're not credit card
sized.

The Z-card maps available *free* from stations in The City sound a lot
better than what you are proposing.

I've got an idea for how you could make a credit-card sized map that would
blow people's socks off. Production costs would be dearer than what you are
proposing, though.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 30th 03, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"Chris" wrote in message
om...

Yes, you can get maps for free from LT, but they're not credit card
sized.

The Z-card maps available *free* from stations in The City sound a lot
better than what you are proposing.

I've got an idea for how you could make a credit-card sized map that
would blow people's socks off. Production costs would be dearer than
what you are proposing, though.

Personally I'd rather not have both an expensive map that I couldn't read
*and* cold feet.

Seriously, why this obsession with credit-card sized maps? It's a linear
reduction by a factor of 2.5 on the pocket tube map, which means that the
letters of the station names will be only about 0.4 mm high, or in printing
parlance about 1.6-point. What's the use of that?
--
Richard J.

Old July 31st 03, 03:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
Seriously, why this obsession with credit-card sized maps? It's a
linear reduction by a factor of 2.5 on the pocket tube map, which
means that the letters of the station names will be only about 0.4 mm
high, or in printing parlance about 1.6-point. What's the use of
that?

Um - cos it fits in the wallet alongside all one's credit cards? Don't know
about you, but often the *only* thing I have with me is my mobile phone and
my credit-card-sized wallet, especially if I'm going out on the town. I
don't carry a girlie handbag with space for the z-card map in it.

I used to have the Mercury phone card (and thus credit-card sized) with the
Zone 1/2 map on the face, despite knowing the tube lines off by heart it's
still occasionally useful to quickly glance at the tube map, or show to some
tourists who've stopped you in the street and asked how to get to "x" etc.

Credit Cards Adrian London Transport 32 April 2nd 08 11:39 PM
Does unused credit on PAYG Oyster expire? Tristán White London Transport 10 June 19th 07 11:45 AM
Credit cards [email protected] London Transport 12 September 26th 06 12:08 AM
Hybrid Oyster-credit card Dave Arquati London Transport 3 October 25th 04 12:38 PM
Eastenders on the Map Was:Tube Map Jim Brown London Transport 7 January 10th 04 06:22 PM