Old June 27th 06, 12:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Conflicting last tube info?

Hi all,

When I look on the TFL Journeyplanner for Walthamstow to Brixton late on
a Sunday (this Sunday, if it matters), I get two answers:

(1) If I download the First & Last PDF (I don't think I can hotlink to
it, as it seems to be a temporary URL generated on the fly), it clearly
says 0006 (just into Monday morning) is the last one.

(2) However, if I actually type in journey details into the normal bit
of the planner, then I get a totally different answer, the last direct
train being listed as 2327.

Am I being thick or is this an error? And which, if either, is actually
correct?

Old June 27th 06, 12:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Newt wrote:

Hi all,

When I look on the TFL Journeyplanner for Walthamstow to Brixton late on
a Sunday (this Sunday, if it matters), I get two answers:

(1) If I download the First & Last PDF (I don't think I can hotlink to
it, as it seems to be a temporary URL generated on the fly), it clearly
says 0006 (just into Monday morning) is the last one.

(2) However, if I actually type in journey details into the normal bit
of the planner, then I get a totally different answer, the last direct
train being listed as 2327.

Am I being thick or is this an error? And which, if either, is actually
correct?

No error, but I wouldn't accuse you of being thick either!

The 2327 is the last through train to Brixton. The 0006 is the last
train to depart Walthamstow Central, but it'll only get you as far as
Seven Sisters, as that's as far as it goes! It then runs into the depot
at Northumberland Park for overnight stabling.

The PDF timetable generated by the TfL Journey Planner Timetables
facility doesn't suggest this whatsoever, which is both misleading and
poor design.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...__00006048.pdf

If you were to query the Journey Planner directly, then it would inform
you that the 0006 would only get you as far as Seven Sisters.

However, I highly recommend the "First and last trains" page on the
Tube website...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/firstandlast/

....where you can find a PDF of the first and last trains on each line
that isn't generated on the fly, includes all stations and will clearly
show you how far the first and last trains of the day go.

The Victoria line First and last trains is he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/downloads...t/victoria.pdf

[2] First and last trains
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/firstandlast/

Old June 27th 06, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:
Dave Newt wrote:

[...]

That's what I figured was the case, but am sure the ones on the
platforms have asterisks to note the short termination.

The PDF timetable generated by the TfL Journey Planner Timetables
facility doesn't suggest this whatsoever, which is both misleading and
poor design.
http://journeyplanner.tfl.gov.uk/use...__00006048.pdf

If you were to query the Journey Planner directly, then it would inform
you that the 0006 would only get you as far as Seven Sisters.

As indeed it does.

However, I highly recommend the "First and last trains" page on the
Tube website...

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/travelinfo/firstandlast/

...where you can find a PDF of the first and last trains on each line
that isn't generated on the fly, includes all stations and will clearly
show you how far the first and last trains of the day go.

The Victoria line First and last trains is he
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tube/downloads...t/victoria.pdf

Thanks! I knew I had seen the right answer on their website too once
upon a time!

Last unpainted D Stock (last "silver" Underground train) [email protected] London Transport 34 January 20th 08 08:45 PM
Info for tube's fares Michele London Transport 9 December 21st 04 10:03 PM
Tube Strike Info on LUL Website Spyke London Transport 16 June 30th 04 05:12 PM
Tube Info Orienteer London Transport 11 September 5th 03 02:16 PM
Ticket Gates Holding Info Dave London Transport 0 August 4th 03 10:45 AM