Old June 29th 04, 07:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube Strike Info on LUL Website

At the moment (Tuesday 20:30ish) the Tube website is reporting 'Good
Service' on all lines except the Northern, when supposedly the strike
should've started 2 hours ago.
Is this really the case or just LUL being slow to communicate
information?
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do

Old June 29th 04, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Spyke wrote:
At the moment (Tuesday 20:30ish) the Tube website is reporting 'Good
Service' on all lines except the Northern, when supposedly the
strike should've started 2 hours ago.
Is this really the case or just LUL being slow to communicate
information?

I assume it's because the site staff are on strike. The LU press centre
have promised an update to the media at 21:00 this evening, so perhaps
we'll get something posted then. The RMT site is, as usual, 4 days
behind the times.

Anyone seen an LU train in the last hour?

--
Richard J.

Old June 29th 04, 07:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Spyke" wrote in message
At the moment (Tuesday 20:30ish) the Tube website is reporting 'Good
Service' on all lines except the Northern, when supposedly the strike
should've started 2 hours ago.
Is this really the case or just LUL being slow to communicate
information?
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express

do
not necessarily reflect those of the educational institution from which I

post.

The strike won't really bite until tomorrow. Only staff booking on after
6.30pm won't turn up - AFAIK nobody is walking out at 6.30pm despite the
press reporting, and those already working at 6.30pm will complete their
shift (they just won't work tomorrow afternoon / evening).

I thought that LUL were scare mongering a bit by telling people they had to
have their journeys complete by 6.30pm.

Old June 29th 04, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Richard J. wrote:

Anyone seen an LU train in the last hour?

I did my usual journey from Leicester Square to Hammersmith at 5:30 this
evening - no problems at all, if anything the train was a little less
crowded than usual, weirdly..

Tomorrow morning should be interesting, though.. I think I'm bussing it
to Hyde Park Corner and walking from there!

Old June 29th 04, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Richard J.
writes
Spyke wrote:
At the moment (Tuesday 20:30ish) the Tube website is reporting 'Good
Service' on all lines except the Northern, when supposedly the
strike should've started 2 hours ago.
Is this really the case or just LUL being slow to communicate
information?

I assume it's because the site staff are on strike. The LU press centre
have promised an update to the media at 21:00 this evening, so perhaps
we'll get something posted then. The RMT site is, as usual, 4 days
behind the times.

The site has now been updated to show 'limited service' on all lines, so
obviously they were just being a bit slow or the strike took time to
take effect.

Old June 29th 04, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Spyke wrote:
In message ,
Richard J. writes
Spyke wrote:
At the moment (Tuesday 20:30ish) the Tube website is reporting
'Good Service' on all lines except the Northern, when supposedly
the
strike should've started 2 hours ago.
Is this really the case or just LUL being slow to communicate
information?

I assume it's because the site staff are on strike. The LU press
centre have promised an update to the media at 21:00 this evening,
so perhaps we'll get something posted then. The RMT site is, as
usual, 4 days behind the times.

The site has now been updated to show 'limited service' on all
lines, so obviously they were just being a bit slow or the strike
took time to take effect.

It also says "Update at 21.00 hours - last trains will be leaving
central London shortly[,] after which there will be no further Tube
services tonight." This is on the LU home page. The LU and TfL "Live
Travel News" pages had no such info, but in the last few minutes have
started to put up "no service" messages for various lines.
--
Richard J.

Old June 29th 04, 09:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default No service on the LU! ouch!!!!!!!!!!

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/nexus/

Old June 29th 04, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Colin wrote:

I thought that LUL were scare mongering a bit by telling people they had to
have their journeys complete by 6.30pm.

They were probably being cautious, because trains were in fact running
later than that. I got to Regents Park station at about 2015, where
there was a notice saying that the last southbound train would be at
2032 (I didn't notice the time of the last northbound). About a minute
after I got to the platform a train arrived, almost empty; there were
only 3 or 4 people in the leading car. The position wasn't much
different when I got out at Charing Cross.

--
John Ray, London UK.
Old June 30th 04, 07:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article om, Grendel wrote:
In article , Richard J. wrote:

Anyone seen an LU train in the last hour?

I did my usual journey from Leicester Square to Hammersmith at 5:30 this
evening - no problems at all, if anything the train was a little less
crowded than usual, weirdly..

Those who could probably found non-LU routes to use. I know I did.

I don't commute into central London, but last night I wanted to meet up
with a friend who was staying at a hotel on Pepys St. Living and working
along the Waterloo-Reading line, I ended up going to London Bridge via
Waterloo East and walking across Tower Bridge...

Niklas
--
"I know that most airline computer systems are presumably kept running by flying
in consultants from the nursing homes around Armonk..."
Old June 30th 04, 08:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I did my usual journey last night home too!

Got to OXford Circus to go down to Waterloo at 8pm, and the Bakerloo was
running fine! A sign at OC said that "trains would be stopping at 8pm",
but I got on one at 8.02, and there were two more after that displayed on
Countdown !

There's quite a good service running this mornig as well .. it's only the
jubilee i think which doesn't have any service at all ...

"Grendel" wrote in message
ry.com...
In article , Richard J.