Old December 19th 04, 08:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Info for tube's fares

Hi!
I'm an italian student.
I'm going to London next Feb.
I want to know, how does it cost the tube?
Does exists a tickets for 5 days, that I can use it on the tube, and on the
bus!

thanks very much!!!

Old December 19th 04, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michele wrote:

I want to know, how does it cost the tube?

You could find this newsgroup but you couldn't find Google?

*confused*
--
Michael Hoffman
Old December 20th 04, 03:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Michele" writes:
Hi!
I'm an italian student.
I'm going to London next Feb.
I want to know, how does it cost the tube?

There is a zone system. Inside zone 1 (the central area), you pay
2 pounds for one ride or 17 pounds for 10 rides (a "carnet"). Longer
trips cost more and carnets are not available. Changes of train
within the tube system are included free of charge.

On buses you pay only 1.20 pounds (next year's fare) for one ride
or 6.00 pounds ("bus saver") for 6 rides. This is for any distance,
but changes of bus are *NOT* included -- if you need to take a second
or third bus then you pay for each ride.

Does exists a tickets for 5 days, that I can use it on the tube, and
on the bus!

That's a "Travelcard", but you can't get 5 days. You can get 1 day
(with restrictions), 3 days, or 7 days. Again, the price depends on
the fare zones.

Full details of next year's fares (in PDF) at:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...fares-2005.pdf
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "This man must be very ignorant, for he answers

Old December 20th 04, 06:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Michele wrote:

Hi!

Hi!

I'm an italian student.

Ciao bellissima!

I'm going to London next Feb. I want to know, how does it cost the tube?
Does exists a tickets for 5 days, that I can use it on the tube, and on
the bus!

You want a '7-day travelcard'; this lasts for seven days (there isn't a
five-day one, sorry!), and you can use it on the tube, the bus, and the
trains. You need to get one for the zones that you're travelling in -
you'll probably only need zones 1 and 2 (the most central ones), which
will cost 21.40. Note that the zone system only applies to tubes and
trains - this ticket will let you use the buses across the whole city.

tom

--
It involves police, bailiffs, vampires and a portal to hell under a tower block in Hackney.

Old December 20th 04, 11:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Michele wrote:

Hi!

Hi!

I'm an italian student.

Ciao bellissima!

I think Michele's a boy's name! :-)

Old December 21st 04, 11:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london
K K is offline

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:04:33 +0000, Michael Hoffman
wrote:

You could find this newsgroup but you couldn't find Google?

What's this newsgroup for? Most of the stuff that's discussed on here
can be found by doing a search on Google. Perhaps we should close the
newsgroup down?

or perhaps we could use it to help each other?

Old December 21st 04, 12:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004, it was written:

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, Michele wrote:

I'm an italian student.

Ciao bellissima!

I think Michele's a boy's name! :-)

Worth a crack anyway!

tom

--
Jim-Jammity Jesus Krispy Kreme Christ on a ****-rocket!

Old December 21st 04, 05:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

k wrote:
[Michael Hoffman]:
You could find this newsgroup but you couldn't find Google?

To be honest, I was bewildered that someone, with no prior experience
with this group, would think that the most effective way to get the
answer to his question is. When I want to ask questions about transport
in Rome, looking for a newsgroup devoted to that subject would be one of
the last things I would do. By the time I went to the effort to find the
newsgroup, I could have looked up the answer.

It would be one thing if it were a question with some degree of opinion,
such as the best way from $airport to Central London. But as far as
looking up things like "how does it cost the tube?" you'd get a much
more complete answer from the fares brochure.

What's this newsgroup for? Most of the stuff that's discussed on here
can be found by doing a search on Google.

That's simply false. Most of the discussion here is on relatively
esoteric topics and involves information that not only is not available
in Google, but frequently not in any public library.

Perhaps we should close the newsgroup down?

Strawman.

or perhaps we could use it to help each other?

I think teaching a man to fish is far more useful than giving him one.
Especially when we're talking about fish that are easy to catch. You may
disagree. But I notice that despite your righteous indignation about my
question, you have not rushed to use the newsgroup to help the original
poster.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old December 21st 04, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Michael Hoffman wrote:
k wrote:
[Michael Hoffman]:
You could find this newsgroup but you couldn't find Google?

To be honest, I was bewildered that someone, with no prior experience
with this group, would think that the most effective way to get the
answer to his question is. When I want to ask questions about transport
in Rome, looking for a newsgroup devoted to that subject would be one of
the last things I would do. By the time I went to the effort to find the
newsgroup, I could have looked up the answer.

Considering the low sympathy level around here that greets people excessed
or PF'd just for not knowing the system, I think s/he came to the right
place to ask for local knowledge !

Nick
--
http://www.leverton.org/ ... So express yourself
Old December 21st 04, 10:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nick Leverton wrote:
[Michael Hoffman]:
To be honest, I was bewildered that someone, with no prior experience
with this group, would think that the most effective way to get the
answer to his question is. When I want to ask questions about transport
in Rome, looking for a newsgroup devoted to that subject would be one of
the last things I would do. By the time I went to the effort to find the
newsgroup, I could have looked up the answer.

Considering the low sympathy level around here that greets people excessed
or PF'd just for not knowing the system, I think s/he came to the right
place to ask for local knowledge !

You have a point. Maybe I should find the equivalent newsgroup myself
next time I go on a trip.
--
Michael Hoffman

Full 2011 fares now on the TfL website (inc. NR PAYG fares) Mizter T London Transport 6 December 9th 10 09:29 PM
Conflicting last tube info? Dave Newt London Transport 2 June 27th 06 07:40 AM
Tube Strike Info on LUL Website Spyke London Transport 16 June 30th 04 05:12 PM
Tube Info Orienteer London Transport 11 September 5th 03 02:16 PM
Ticket Gates Holding Info Dave London Transport 0 August 4th 03 10:45 AM