Old July 4th 06, 09:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
ab ab is offline

Default Tube could close in future heatwaves

"Paul Oter" wrote:

Can I nominate this for this newsgroups's "best idea of the day" award?
Drinking fountains at main NR and tube stations, where travellers can
have a drink or refil their water bottles. Just like at all BAA
airports.

I think I'm right in saying that cups of water are available free from
the buffets on trains in Sweden.... so why not here?

Old July 4th 06, 09:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

ab wrote:

"Paul Oter" wrote:

Can I nominate this for this newsgroups's "best idea of the day" award?
Drinking fountains at main NR and tube stations, where travellers can
have a drink or refil their water bottles. Just like at all BAA
airports.

I think I'm right in saying that cups of water are available free from
the buffets on trains in Sweden.... so why not here?

Because it's more important that people buy crap chocolate on the tube
platforms.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old July 4th 06, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

ab ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

I think I'm right in saying that cups of water are available free from
the buffets on trains in Sweden.... so why not here?

Ummm, lemme guess... No buffets on tube trains?

I'll bet that if you went to the buffet car on an intercity and asked for a
glass of tap water you'd get one for free.
Old July 4th 06, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Adrian" wrote

Ummm, lemme guess... No buffets on tube trains?

Pullman cars Mayflower and Galatea ran on the Met between 1910 and 1939.

Peter

Old July 5th 06, 05:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 22:23:46 +0100, "Peter Masson"
wrote:

"Adrian" wrote

Ummm, lemme guess... No buffets on tube trains?

Pullman cars Mayflower and Galatea ran on the Met between 1910 and 1939.

Not quite tube trains in any sense.
--
_______
+---------------------------------------------------+ |\\ //|

Old July 5th 06, 07:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Charles Ellson ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Ummm, lemme guess... No buffets on tube trains?

Pullman cars Mayflower and Galatea ran on the Met between 1910 and 1939.

Not quite tube trains in any sense.

The Met is certainly a tube line.
Old July 5th 06, 07:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Adrian" wrote in message
. 244.170...
Charles Ellson ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Ummm, lemme guess... No buffets on tube trains?

Pullman cars Mayflower and Galatea ran on the Met between 1910 and 1939.

Not quite tube trains in any sense.

The Met is certainly a tube line.

It is not. It is entirely surface (or subsurface in some places), but never
tube. That line is run entirely by A stock, which is surface stock, and
would
not fit in tube tunnels.

Even if you consider the Metropolitan to include the Circle,H+C,ELL, it
still
isn't tube.

Richard [in SG19]

Old July 5th 06, 08:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Richard M Willis ) gurgled happily,
sounding much like they were saying :

Ummm, lemme guess... No buffets on tube trains?

Pullman cars Mayflower and Galatea ran on the Met between 1910 and
1939.

Not quite tube trains in any sense.

The Met is certainly a tube line.

It is not. It is entirely surface (or subsurface in some places), but
never tube. That line is run entirely by A stock, which is surface
stock, and would not fit in tube tunnels.

Even if you consider the Metropolitan to include the Circle,H+C,ELL,
it still isn't tube.

sigh
Tube in the sense of "London Underground", rather than tube in the sense of
the actual engineering behind the line itself.
Old July 5th 06, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 05 Jul 2006 07:19:57 GMT, Adrian wrote:

Ummm, lemme guess... No buffets on tube trains?

Pullman cars Mayflower and Galatea ran on the Met between 1910 and 1939.

Not quite tube trains in any sense.

The Met is certainly a tube line.

It's not a tube line, though it is a Tube line.

;-)
Old July 9th 06, 12:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

asdf wrote:
On 05 Jul 2006 07:19:57 GMT, Adrian wrote:

Ummm, lemme guess... No buffets on tube trains?
Pullman cars Mayflower and Galatea ran on the Met between 1910 and 1939.
Not quite tube trains in any sense.

The Met is certainly a tube line.

It's not a tube line, though it is a Tube line.

;-)

I find that distinction very useful when I'm trying to avoid
misinterpretation. LU also always capitalise "Tube" when they're talking
about themselves.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7