Old July 4th 06, 06:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Disruption Tulse Hill to Peckham Rye-Monday morning

I couldn't workout from my home trip what engineering work had caused the
delays, but it looked like perhaps a bridge replacement in Dulwich.
Anyone got any more details,
Thanks,
Martin J

Old July 4th 06, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Martin J wrote:
I couldn't workout from my home trip what engineering work had caused the
delays, but it looked like perhaps a bridge replacement in Dulwich.
Anyone got any more details,
Thanks,
Martin J

Work being carried out on a railway bridge that crosses Burbage Road in
Dulwich, on the line between Tulse Hill and North Dulwich the weekend
before last - I noticed the line was closed for the weekend of 24 & 25
June, the road below was closed for longer (something like friday to
tuesday) - I didn't notice if the line was closed the weekend just gone
(i.e. 1 & 2 July), but I guess the distruption you encountered was
connected with this - possibly the works over-running.