Old August 19th 05, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Watford to Teddington on Monday Morning

I asked a question a few weeks back about parking at Feltham, I need to
get into Vauxhall in the morning and back to Heathrow in the evening to
pick the wife up. I was recommended to go to Teddington.
I haven't done the western stretch of the M25 in the morning for a
couple of years so what is the best route leaving Watford 6.30am.
I would either go M25, M4 to J3 then Feltam to Teddington or M25 to
J13(Terminal 4) then A3044, A308 (at the A30)Sunbury to Teddington or
would I be better going M25 then either M3 to Sunbury or Feltham.
Any ideas?

Kevin

Old August 19th 05, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...
I asked a question a few weeks back about parking at Feltham, I need to
get into Vauxhall in the morning and back to Heathrow in the evening to
pick the wife up. I was recommended to go to Teddington.
I haven't done the western stretch of the M25 in the morning for a
couple of years so what is the best route leaving Watford 6.30am.
I would either go M25, M4 to J3 then Feltam to Teddington or M25 to
J13(Terminal 4) then A3044, A308 (at the A30)Sunbury to Teddington or
would I be better going M25 then either M3 to Sunbury or Feltham.
Any ideas?

Kevin

Do you want to go to Teddington or Feltham?
If you are going to Vauxhall and Heathrow then Feltham would seem better.
It's got it's own car park and is very near to Heathrow. Journey time to
Vauxhall is the same.
Teddington is still a distance away and you might get caught up in local
traffic which could cost valuable time.

Taking Feltham then
Getting off at the M4 at that time of morning can be a nightmare. The
Cranford Parkway can and does get clogged.
Much easier would to get off the M25 at T4 and then take the road by Bedfont
Lakes, past the young offenders institution.
Quick and not much traffic even at that time of morning.
The A308 can also get clogged at times. But you may be lucky.

Old August 19th 05, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

I gather that parking at Feltham is limited, there is a lot of building
work going but on street parking in Teddington is easy although Feltham
would be an easier train journey. But it looks as though the M4 should
be avoided.

Kevin

Disruption Tulse Hill to Peckham Rye-Monday morning Martin J London Transport 1 July 4th 06 04:47 PM
Monday services John London Transport 18 July 15th 05 08:42 PM
TV alert: "When Trains Crash", C5, Monday John Rowland London Transport 1 January 16th 05 07:27 PM
Severe weather warning for Monday Cameron Davies London Transport 10 January 11th 04 08:18 AM
Pre Pay, first Monday morning Kat London Transport 2 January 5th 04 04:49 PM