Old July 31st 06, 01:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo platforms

In article ,
(Peter Smyth) wrote:

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message
In article ,
(Peter Smyth) wrote:

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

The IP numbers are not the problem, you need to use
http://217.23.229.206/jpclient.exe?newQuery=newQuery and then it
will work.

What's traveline north east and cumbria got to do with Waterloo?

Despite the name, all of the regional traveline sites have rail
data for the whole country. However the North East site is the only
one to show the booked platform numbers as for some reason it was
decided that it would be a sensible use of public money to have a
completely different interface to the journey planner for each
region.

Ah! I see now.

However, it seems I can go from Waterloo platform 4 to Putney. It takes
1 hour and 2 minutes though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old August 5th 06, 09:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:

(Peter Smyth) wrote:

"Jack Taylor" wrote in message

The IP numbers are not the problem, you need to use
http://217.23.229.206/jpclient.exe?newQuery=newQuery and then it
will work.

What's traveline north east and cumbria got to do with Waterloo?

Despite the name, all of the regional traveline sites have rail
data for the whole country. However the North East site is the only
one to show the booked platform numbers as for some reason it was
decided that it would be a sensible use of public money to have a
completely different interface to the journey planner for each
region.

Ah! I see now.

However, it seems I can go from Waterloo platform 4 to Putney. It takes
1 hour and 2 minutes though.

Just to add some new data, regarding the apparent intention of using
platform 15 in the Portsmouth direction, in recent days I have seen
platform 15 used for

0837 to Reading via Richmond
1752 to Weybridge via Brentford
0933 Kingston loop via Richmond
1822 to Weybridge via Brentford

Old August 5th 06, 11:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article .com,
(MIG) wrote:

0933 Kingston loop via Richmond

I thought that route was called the Kingston Roundabout. Has it changed?

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old August 6th 06, 08:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article .com,
(MIG) wrote:

0933 Kingston loop via Richmond

I thought that route was called the Kingston Roundabout. Has it changed?

I don't know; I've never been any good at knowing the in-phrases and
tend to make up my own. Kingston Roundabout sounds a bit like a
junction on the A3.