Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 7th 06, 12:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Underground Stations and missing panels....

Would someone mind explaining a mysterious phonomena that seems to be
striking random parts of random Underground stations across Central London?

I refer to the mysterious case of the phantom panel nicker! There does not
appear to be a station left that does not have completely random ceiling
panels missing from ticket halls, corridors and platforms.

I can understand it when its part of a major refurbishment (See the utter
mess Oxford Circus is in at the moment for example) but the ticket hall at
Piccadilly Circus has random missing panels and now I have noticed that
those above the top of the main escalators at Holborn have begun to randomly
vanish as well.

What is going on? Its not very good what ever it is as it is making a lot
of the stations look an uncared for mess (insert maintenance debate here!)
I know that much repair work has to take place outside of operating hours
but there is no excuse for leaving some stations looking like they are
derelict!

Regards
John M Upton

My Fotopic Collections:
South Central/Southern, Model Railway & Other Rail Pictures:
http://gallery39764.fotopic.net/

Bus Pics:
http://gallery42239.fotopic.net/

My Online Novels: