Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 21st 06, 07:01 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Kings Cross or St Pancras? Eurostar started already?

jonmorris wrote:
Apart from the slow gates that ensure nice long queues in the rush
hours (sorry Paul C, but they are not up to the task, at least at the
moment), it seems that both sets of stairs are now marked 'way out'
from the platform. As you might imagine, when a train arrives in the
peak periods on either platform - the stairs become a battle ground.

I would imagine that the situation will improve a bit once the
'paid-area' link between the sub-surface and deep-level lines opens
later this year.
And it seems that if you're going towards Farringdon then the wording
on the walls will tell passengers you are at Kings Cross, only.
On the other side, going towards Euston Square, it's St Pancras, only.
Yes, the Underground logos are the wall (with Kings Cross St Pancras
marked) but is there any reason for having only half the name on each
platform?

Beats me. I wonder if anyone else had noticed that.