Old September 24th 06, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Save Top Gear

Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you are
remotely interested, sign online he-
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

Worth reading this too:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,22006440317,00.html

Clarkson's article, if you haven't seen it. Cheers you up a bit.

Old September 24th 06, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 13:09:00 GMT, "Heavyhorses"
wrote:

Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you are
remotely interested, sign online he-
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

A bit less fawning and a bit more sense from the other side:

http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/sto...457717,00.html

http://www.transport2000.org.uk/news...sArticleID=239

Old September 24th 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you are
remotely interested, sign online he-
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

A bit less fawning and a bit more sense from the other side:

http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/sto...457717,00.html

http://www.transport2000.org.uk/news...p?NewsArticleI
D=239

18 months ago.....
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
Old September 25th 06, 08:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(SteveH) wrote:

http://media.guardian.co.uk/site/sto...457717,00.html

http://www.transport2000.org.uk/news...p?NewsArticleI
D=239

18 months ago.....

Exactly. As the man said, "a little less fawning". Would you rather read
a factual article about Princess Diana written in July 1997, or one
written in September 1997?

(Yes, I know... neither. But you see my point!)

Adrian

--
http://www.spaghetti-factory.co.uk
http://www.custom-transcription.com
Old September 25th 06, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you are
remotely interested, sign online he-
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

A bit less fawning and a bit more sense from the other side:

Sense from the Guardian and Transport 2000? I suppose if you're
some yoghurt knitting car hating hippie who lives in a treehouse then
perhaps it would seem like sense. To quote from the article you
mentioned: TG apparently "should be replaced by a programme promoting
sensible driving in sensible vehicles". Yeah , that'll really pull the
viewers in. I can just see people lining up to what some pasty faced
humourless "saftey campaigner" showing us how to drive at 29.99mph
down a high street followed by an exciting clip about pedestrian
crossing
ettiquette.

Perhaps we should ban all programs about anything exciting or fast
and live in a dull grey little world run by dreary little men who
wouldn't
know fun if it smacked them in the face. Like you perhaps.

B2003

Old September 27th 06, 11:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

"Boltar" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:

Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you are
remotely interested, sign online he-
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

A bit less fawning and a bit more sense from the other side:

Sense from the Guardian and Transport 2000? I suppose if you're
some yoghurt knitting car hating hippie who lives in a treehouse then
perhaps it would seem like sense. To quote from the article you
mentioned: TG apparently "should be replaced by a programme promoting
sensible driving in sensible vehicles". Yeah , that'll really pull the
viewers in. I can just see people lining up to what some pasty faced
humourless "saftey campaigner" showing us how to drive at 29.99mph
down a high street followed by an exciting clip about pedestrian
crossing
ettiquette.

The BBC is obliged to benefit the public, not just show them what they want.
Judging by the amount of speed-related crashes, maybe it's something the
people need...

Perhaps we should ban all programs about anything exciting or fast
and live in a dull grey little world run by dreary little men who
wouldn't
know fun if it smacked them in the face. Like you perhaps.

How about just balancing out good/bad so people don't get a one-sided view
of things? Blaming it on "dreary little men" is a bit childish, isn't it?

B2003

Old September 27th 06, 06:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

d wrote:
The BBC is obliged to benefit the public, not just show them what they want.

Sorry? Sounds to me like you wish watching the BBC was some mandated
compulsory activity , perhaps with some political and social propanda?
Very 1950s russia. If you make programs no one wants to watch , no one
will watch them. Unless you force them too of course.

Judging by the amount of speed-related crashes, maybe it's something the
people need...

Using the same logic we shouldn't have crime dramas because some people
murder or take drugs or Crimewatch because villains will copy what they
see
or any news at all in fact in case it gives some dropout some ideas.

How about just balancing out good/bad so people don't get a one-sided view

TG is entertainment, nothing more. Whats there to balance?

of things? Blaming it on "dreary little men" is a bit childish, isn't it?

Not really. The Health and Safety industry is killing many activities
in this
country. Some schools don't allow "violent" games like rugby in case
little Johnny breaks his wrist and his muppet parents smell
compensation
money with full backing from dreary little men in the HSE (who probably
weren't allowed to climb trees as a child and are getting their own
back)
, every council has to spend money making sure theres no cracks in
paving stones in case some idiot trips , shops have to make sure
they're
signs everywhere warning of dangerous trip hazards like a mop , and on
and on it goes. Its pathetic and so are the people who pander to it.

B2003

Old September 24th 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Heavyhorses wrote:
Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you are
remotely interested, sign online he-
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

Worth reading this too:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,22006440317,00.html

Clarkson's article, if you haven't seen it. Cheers you up a bit.

The phrases "worth reading" and "by Jeremy Clarkson" do not belong in
the same sentence.

--

Stephen

It's never too late, as a wise person once said. I think it was Kylie.
Old September 24th 06, 09:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Stephen Farrow wrote:

Heavyhorses wrote:
Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you are
remotely interested, sign online he-
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

Worth reading this too:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,22006440317,00.html

Clarkson's article, if you haven't seen it. Cheers you up a bit.

The phrases "worth reading" and "by Jeremy Clarkson" do not belong in
the same sentence.

Have you actually read any of his work?

I suspect not.
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark - B6 Passat 2.0TDI - COSOC KOTL
Old September 24th 06, 09:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

SteveH wrote:
Stephen Farrow wrote:

Heavyhorses wrote:
Found this "save top gear" petition link on another forum, if you are
remotely interested, sign online he-
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html

Worth reading this too:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,22006440317,00.html

Clarkson's article, if you haven't seen it. Cheers you up a bit.

The phrases "worth reading" and "by Jeremy Clarkson" do not belong in
the same sentence.

Have you actually read any of his work?

Yes I have, thank you.

--

Stephen

Drusilla: Do you love my insides? The parts you can't see?
Spike: Eyeballs to entrails, my sweet.