Old October 11th 06, 10:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Any sudden tunnels between Stratford and Brentwood?

Odd question I know, but I'm going on this route tomorrow (to see the
Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, as per an earlier query).

I had a serious ear operation last week and underground tube journeys or
sudden changes in pressure due to trains entering a tunnel can be dangerous
for the next couple of weeks.

Obviously, going into a tunnel by foot is fine. ;-)

I assume that the train to Brentwood, that stops at more stations, goes
slower than the Shenfield one. But even so, I wouldn't want to risk sudden
tunnels.

Thanks in advance!

Old October 11th 06, 11:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Tristán White" wrote in message
. 109.145...
Odd question I know, but I'm going on this route tomorrow (to see the
Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, as per an earlier query).

I had a serious ear operation last week and underground tube journeys or
sudden changes in pressure due to trains entering a tunnel can be
dangerous
for the next couple of weeks.

Obviously, going into a tunnel by foot is fine. ;-)

I assume that the train to Brentwood, that stops at more stations, goes
slower than the Shenfield one. But even so, I wouldn't want to risk sudden
tunnels.

Thanks in advance!

Hiya -
I'm pleased to confirm that there are no railway tunnels between Stratford
and Brentwood .
Flob

Old October 11th 06, 11:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Tristán White wrote:
Odd question I know, but I'm going on this route tomorrow (to see the
Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, as per an earlier query).

I had a serious ear operation last week and underground tube journeys
or sudden changes in pressure due to trains entering a tunnel can be
dangerous for the next couple of weeks.

There's always this chap...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=...02494&t=k&om=1

But if you go in an all-stations stopping train, I think you'll be okay
here.

Can you do us a favour and video yourself for the whole trip, and upload any
ear explosions to U-tube next week? Make sure you sit between two Jehovah's
Witnesses for maximum comic effect. And wear a t-shirt that says "I've got
AIDS".

Are there lifts in the bunker? Can you avoid using them?

Old October 11th 06, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

John Rowland wrote:

Tristán White wrote:
Odd question I know, but I'm going on this route tomorrow (to see the
Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, as per an earlier query).

I had a serious ear operation last week and underground tube journeys
or sudden changes in pressure due to trains entering a tunnel can be
dangerous for the next couple of weeks.

(snip)

Are there lifts in the bunker? Can you avoid using them?

No lifts as far as I can remember. But best to double check - I don't
want to be held responsible!

Old October 11th 06, 01:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Flob wrote:

"Tristan White" wrote in message
. 109.145...
Odd question I know, but I'm going on this route tomorrow (to see
the Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, as per an earlier query).

I had a serious ear operation last week and underground tube
journeys or sudden changes in pressure due to trains entering a
tunnel can be dangerous for the next couple of weeks.

Obviously, going into a tunnel by foot is fine. ;-)

I assume that the train to Brentwood, that stops at more stations,
goes slower than the Shenfield one. But even so, I wouldn't want to
risk sudden tunnels.

Thanks in advance!

Hiya -
I'm pleased to confirm that there are no railway tunnels between
Stratford and Brentwood . Flob

But trains do pass at speed

--
zaax

Old October 11th 06, 03:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

John Rowland wrote:
Tristán White wrote:
Odd question I know, but I'm going on this route tomorrow (to see the
Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, as per an earlier query).

I had a serious ear operation last week and underground tube journeys
or sudden changes in pressure due to trains entering a tunnel can be
dangerous for the next couple of weeks.

There's always this chap...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=...02494&t=k&om=1

Ilford Exchange, I know it well

Old October 11th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Mizter T" wrote in news:1160567637.212484.202790
@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

John Rowland wrote:

Tristán White wrote:
Odd question I know, but I'm going on this route tomorrow (to see the
Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, as per an earlier query).

I had a serious ear operation last week and underground tube journeys
or sudden changes in pressure due to trains entering a tunnel can be
dangerous for the next couple of weeks.

(snip)

Are there lifts in the bunker? Can you avoid using them?

No lifts as far as I can remember. But best to double check - I don't
want to be held responsible!

Even if there is a lift, there will always be a stairway equivalent for
fire escape purposes, so I'll just take that.
Old October 11th 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"John Rowland" wrote in
:

Tristán White wrote:
Odd question I know, but I'm going on this route tomorrow (to see the
Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, as per an earlier query).

I had a serious ear operation last week and underground tube journeys
or sudden changes in pressure due to trains entering a tunnel can be
dangerous for the next couple of weeks.

There's always this chap...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=...353&spn=0.0013
26,0.002494&t=k&om=1

But if you go in an all-stations stopping train, I think you'll be
okay here.

Thanks!! Yes, doesn't look too long so I guess the pressure won't be too
bad when it goes through, especially as:

(a) I'll be on the slower, Brentford train, and
(b) being a residential area, I guess the train isn't at full speed when
going through that "tunnel" thingy.

Oh, thanks for the laugh about the Witnesses. :-)
Old October 11th 06, 04:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Tristán White wrote:
"John Rowland" wrote in
:

Tristán White wrote:
Odd question I know, but I'm going on this route tomorrow (to see the
Kelvedon Nuclear Bunker, as per an earlier query).

I had a serious ear operation last week and underground tube journeys
or sudden changes in pressure due to trains entering a tunnel can be
dangerous for the next couple of weeks.

There's always this chap...

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&z=...353&spn=0.0013
26,0.002494&t=k&om=1

But if you go in an all-stations stopping train, I think you'll be
okay here.

Thanks!! Yes, doesn't look too long so I guess the pressure won't be too
bad when it goes through, especially as:

(a) I'll be on the slower, Brentford train, and
(b) being a residential area, I guess the train isn't at full speed when
going through that "tunnel" thingy.

Oh, thanks for the laugh about the Witnesses. :-)

It will be braking for the main station, and isn't a tube, more of a
large roof