London Banter

-   -   Olympic Transport Plan (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4644-olympic-transport-plan.html)

[email protected] October 30th 06 01:48 PM

Olympic Transport Plan

The draft plan is now available at
http://www.london2012.com/en/ourvisi...sport+Plan.htm.

Simo

mcourtier October 30th 06 04:26 PM

Olympic Transport Plan

Does anyone know what the "capacity enhancements" are in regards to
West Ham station? Is it just DLR conversion and upgraded jubilee
signalling or is there more to it than that? I know the C2C (LTS) lobby
group want improved signalling in the West Ham area for mainline
services too.

Cheers.

Tristán White October 30th 06 07:18 PM

Olympic Transport Plan

wrote in news:1162219720.468561.98880
@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com:

The draft plan is now available at
http://www.london2012.com/en/ourvisi...sport+Plan.htm.

Surprised they haven't mapped out in that booklet the Marathon and the
Walking routes. After all, it has an impact on transport as well.

Tom Anderson October 31st 06 06:12 PM

Olympic Transport Plan

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 wrote:

The draft plan is now available at

http://www.london2012.com/en/ourvisi...sport+Plan.htm.

Weymouth? Why on earth are they having the sailing at Weymouth? What's
wrong with the Blackwater, or the Medway estuary, or even the Thames (yes,
i know, ships)? We've got some of the best sailing water in the country on
the east coast!

Bah. It's probably because it's too hard for all these continentals,
raised on the tideless Med. They should send them on a course up the Ore,
that'd learn 'em.

tom

--
this news group concentrate the debil of usenet -- uk.local.london motto

Paul Scott October 31st 06 07:25 PM

Olympic Transport Plan

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know what the "capacity enhancements" are in regards to
West Ham station? Is it just DLR conversion and upgraded jubilee
signalling or is there more to it than that? I know the C2C (LTS) lobby
group want improved signalling in the West Ham area for mainline
services too.

Cheers.

From Newham planning website

West Ham station will be modified to provide an extra entrance and ticket
office on the western side leading into the Olympic Park, via a pedestrian
ramp to the 'Greenway', the raised path above the northern outfall sewer
embankment.

Paul

solar penguin October 31st 06 08:54 PM

Olympic Transport Plan

Paul Scott wrote:

From Newham planning website

West Ham station will be modified to provide an extra entrance and ticket
office on the western side leading into the Olympic Park, via a pedestrian
ramp to the 'Greenway', the raised path above the northern outfall sewer
embankment.

I hope they improve the point where the Greenway passes under the
GER/DLR at Pudding Mill Lane. Last time I was there, it was _the_ worst
eyesore in all London!

Paul Scott October 31st 06 09:19 PM

Olympic Transport Plan

"solar penguin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Paul Scott wrote:

From Newham planning website

West Ham station will be modified to provide an extra entrance and ticket
office on the western side leading into the Olympic Park, via a
pedestrian
ramp to the 'Greenway', the raised path above the northern outfall sewer
embankment.

I hope they improve the point where the Greenway passes under the
GER/DLR at Pudding Mill Lane. Last time I was there, it was _the_ worst
eyesore in all London!

If you mean the grotty waterlogged passageway under the outfall, that you
follow if walking the towpath, I definitely agree.

Paul

Sam October 31st 06 09:45 PM

Olympic Transport Plan

Tristán White wrote:
wrote:
The draft plan is now available at
http://www.london2012.com/en/ourvisi...sport+Plan.htm.

Surprised they haven't mapped out in that booklet the Marathon and the
Walking routes. After all, it has an impact on transport as well.

They have - scroll down that page, and look for the "Road Events"
document (which I think was Chapter 8). The routes are detailed in
there.

Sam

alex_t November 1st 06 10:13 AM

Olympic Transport Plan

I hope they improve the point where the Greenway passes under the
GER/DLR at Pudding Mill Lane. Last time I was there, it was _the_ worst
eyesore in all London!

The entire area is an eyesore!
(and I live there :-( )

Tom Anderson November 1st 06 03:59 PM

Olympic Transport Plan

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Paul Scott wrote:

"solar penguin" wrote in message
oups.com...

Paul Scott wrote:

From Newham planning website

West Ham station will be modified to provide an extra entrance and
ticket office on the western side leading into the Olympic Park, via a
pedestrian ramp to the 'Greenway', the raised path above the northern
outfall sewer embankment.

I hope they improve the point where the Greenway passes under the
GER/DLR at Pudding Mill Lane. Last time I was there, it was _the_ worst
eyesore in all London!

If you mean the grotty waterlogged passageway under the outfall, that
you follow if walking the towpath, I definitely agree.

Ah, where it goes past a breaker's yard and round the back of a warehouse?
Yes, unbelievably awful.

tom

--
Space Travel is Another Word for Love!