Old November 5th 06, 09:12 PM posted to uk.local.surrey;,uk.transport.london

Default Horton Park Days of Steam Tour

On Sunday 19 November. park rangers from Epsom & Ewell BC are doing a
tour of the old Horton Park railway. I'm not sure that there's much
left to see but the tour starts at 1pm at the info office in Horton
Country Park and it's free. Maybe they have some items in non-public
areas of the park.

You can read about the railway on http://tinyurl.com/yewbyl and an old
but excellent article on
http://www.irsociety.co.uk/Archives/...ht_railway.htm

Paul Dicken

Old November 19th 06, 06:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Dicken wrote:
On Sunday 19 November. park rangers from Epsom & Ewell BC are doing a
tour of the old Horton Park railway. I'm not sure that there's much
left to see but the tour starts at 1pm at the info office in Horton

Thanks for posting this. There wasn't much railway stuff to see, other
than the trackbeds, but there are worse ways of filling an afternoon.

It was more of a country park tour than a "trainspotter" tour, but worth
doing.

Country Park and it's free.

A quid.

Maybe they have some items in non-public
areas of the park.

They did, but couldn't find the light switch so we could see it!

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK