Old November 12th 06, 10:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sunday Rover at the London fringes?

Can anyone tell me whether the "Sunday Rover" ticket still exists?
This was valid on the Metropolitan line north of Moor Park, Chiltern
Railways from Denham to Aylesbury/Haddenham and Amersham to Aylesbury
as well as buses in all counties from Oxfordshire round to Essex and
East Anglia fringing with London in each case. I'm not sure where else
to ask as there appears to be vague information that it might still
exist on the Suffolk [1] and Essex county council websites and be valid
into adjoining counties but no other publicity and in some other places
[2]. I have searched the London Underground website with no luck.

Any information would be much appreciated - whether this is to confirm
when the ticket was withdrawn or whether it still is available and
valid on the part of the Metropolitan line outside London.

Thanks

Jonathan

[1]
http://www.suffolk.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyr...undayRover.pdf

[2] http://www.busmap.org/tt4/251C.pdf,
http://www.redrosetravel.co.uk/guide.htm

A picture of an issued Sunday Rover is at
http://railticketsillustrated.digimi.../p2240222.html