Old December 4th 06, 05:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Dust?

From http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/

WATERLOO & CITY LINE: Suspended due to excessive dust on platforms.

What is that about?

Old December 4th 06, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

alex_t wrote:
From http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/

WATERLOO & CITY LINE: Suspended due to excessive dust on platforms.

What is that about?

Is it radioactive?
Old December 4th 06, 09:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Is it radioactive?

Damn Russian spy got there too? He must have coughed with radioactive
fumes!

P.S. Bad joke, I know. I'm just a little stressed that such things can
happen in London...

Old December 4th 06, 09:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"alex_t" wrote in
ups.com:

Is it radioactive?

Damn Russian spy got there too? He must have coughed with radioactive
fumes!

P.S. Bad joke, I know. I'm just a little stressed that such things can
happen in London...

That what things can happen in London? That there are spies being bumped
off with radioctive substances, or that dust could cause suspend one of our
railway lines?

I don't know which is more unbelievable, to be honest.
Old December 4th 06, 10:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

That what things can happen in London? That there are spies being bumped
off with radioctive substances, or that dust could cause suspend one of our
railway lines?

I don't know which is more unbelievable, to be honest.

He-he, I meant all that spy and radiation scare. I'm Russian myself,
and it is quite scary to think that long arm of mother-land can reach
me here so easily (I'm not a spy though - just a software developer).

As for Waterloo & City line - I guess that was dust from weekend
repair/construction works. It could be something toxic, and they didn't
clean it in time. Late finish of engineering works - now that is
something totally believable ;-)

Old December 4th 06, 02:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"alex_t" wrote in message
ups.com...
From http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/

WATERLOO & CITY LINE: Suspended due to excessive dust on platforms.

What is that about?

Fire hazard ?

michael adams

Old December 4th 06, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 4 Dec 2006 03:03:27 -0800, "alex_t"
wrote:

That what things can happen in London? That there are spies being bumped
off with radioctive substances, or that dust could cause suspend one of our
railway lines?

I don't know which is more unbelievable, to be honest.

He-he, I meant all that spy and radiation scare. I'm Russian myself,
and it is quite scary to think that long arm of mother-land can reach
me here so easily (I'm not a spy though - just a software developer).

Mexico City is further away...
Old December 4th 06, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

High in fat?...low in fat?......dust....anyone?....no?......dust.....

Marjarie Dawes would be proud of them!

Seriously how much longer have Londoners got to put up with Metronet?
(30-odd years I guess as the contract says).

Old December 4th 06, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message . com,
alex_t writes

WATERLOO & CITY LINE: Suspended due to excessive dust on platforms.

What is that about?

According to the BBC lunchtime news the dust following the weekend works
was blowing around so badly as train movement stirred it up that the
drivers couldn't see ahead clearly enough to operate the service safely.

--
Paul Terry
Old December 4th 06, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 16:07:20 +0000, Paul Terry
wrote:

In message . com,
alex_t writes

WATERLOO & CITY LINE: Suspended due to excessive dust on platforms.

What is that about?

According to the BBC lunchtime news the dust following the weekend works
was blowing around so badly as train movement stirred it up that the
drivers couldn't see ahead clearly enough to operate the service safely.

Memo to Metronet: Buy a hoover.