London Banter

-   -   Should David Cameron be allowed just to pay his £3 again... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4776-should-david-cameron-allowed-just.html)

Tristán White December 12th 06 12:11 AM

Should David Cameron be allowed just to pay his £3 again...

(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote in
:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

A good question as I thought all MPs had All Zones Travelcards
anyway. I might be wrong but I'm sure they have them as part of the
T&Cs for being a MP.

It might be for London MPs. My MP has a Cambridge-London (I think all
zones) annual season. But why would an MP for a constituency in zone 2
justify more than a zones 1 and 2 travelcard?

They justify a flat on taxpayer's money near Westminster even when their
family home is 15 minutes away by train, and they justify spending a
fortune on stationery, so I'm sure they all get zone 6 travelcards too.

Colin Rosenstiel December 12th 06 06:40 AM

Should David Cameron be allowed just to pay his £3 again...

In article 45, (Tristán White) wrote:

(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote in
:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

A good question as I thought all MPs had All Zones Travelcards
anyway. I might be wrong but I'm sure they have them as part of
the T&Cs for being a MP.

It might be for London MPs. My MP has a Cambridge-London (I think
all zones) annual season. But why would an MP for a constituency in
zone 2 justify more than a zones 1 and 2 travelcard?

They justify a flat on taxpayer's money near Westminster even when
their family home is 15 minutes away by train, and they justify
spending a fortune on stationery, so I'm sure they all get zone 6
travelcards too.

Mine doesn't.

--
Colin Rosenstie

Paul Corfield December 12th 06 05:02 PM

Should David Cameron be allowed just to pay his £3 again...

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 00:46 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

A good question as I thought all MPs had All Zones Travelcards
anyway. I might be wrong but I'm sure they have them as part of the
T&Cs for being a MP.

It might be for London MPs. My MP has a Cambridge-London (I think all zones) annual season. But why would an MP for a constituency in zone 2 justify more than a zones 1 and 2 travelcard?

No idea Colin. I was merely speculating as I don't know for certain that
I what said was correct. I certainly don't know what entitlement rules
would apply.
--
Paul C

Mizter T December 12th 06 06:10 PM

Paul Corfield wrote:

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 00:46 +0000 (GMT Standard Time),
(Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

A good question as I thought all MPs had All Zones Travelcards
anyway. I might be wrong but I'm sure they have them as part of the
T&Cs for being a MP.

It might be for London MPs. My MP has a Cambridge-London (I think all zones) annual season. But why would an MP for a constituency in zone 2 justify more than a zones 1 and 2 travelcard?

No idea Colin. I was merely speculating as I don't know for certain that
I what said was correct. I certainly don't know what entitlement rules
would apply.

This has intrigued me as well, so I'm on the case of finding out - I
will report back when I have an authoritative answer (might take a few
days).

Earl Purple December 14th 06 09:36 AM

Should David Cameron be allowed just to pay his £3 again...

Tristán White wrote:
... when we mere mortals, on our way to a pop concert saying "sorry I lost
my ticket", would most certainly have been charged £20??

And should David Cameron, as an example to follow, not have insisted on
paying the £20 rather than plea for clemency? Perhaps he's trying to get
even more hoodies' votes whom he keeps urging us all to hug.

What happened to him going everywhere by bicycle?

Whilst the fact that our future PM may be a Morrisey fan is kind of cool, I
really can't bear any Tories and least of all those who purport to be "a
man of the people" in this fashion. The People's PM. **** off.

He's a Morrissey fan? Is his favourite Morrissey song "Margaret On The
Guillotine" ? Or maybe he likes Glamorous Glue, particularly the line
"We won't vote Conservative, because we never have...". Of course now
Morrissey is sick to death of Labour and Tory (Irish Blood English
Heart).

Anyone would be better than Bliar.

He won't be the leader at the next election.

But my vote is certainly not going to go
to either party at the moment. It'll be either Respect or the Lib Dems, like last time.

Not sure exactly what their policies are. Not sure any party will
actually have the policies I would like. Do we really want "New Tory"
which is simply New Labour with a different name?