Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 27th 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Photography on LU

This was forwarded to me for info -

I wanted to drop you a note about photography on (or even near) LUL
property. Earlier today I took a photograph of the front of Pinner
station, and the footbridge. Two BTP officers who had seen this promptly
detained me under section 44(2) of the Terrorism Act 2000
(http://www.opsi.gov.uk/Acts/acts2000/00011--f.htm#44), and informed
that photographing anything that the Government deems 'critical
national infrastructure' (which includes the Underground) is
prohibited unless written permission from the property owner can be
produced. My details were then checked against the Police National
Computer, and I was told that a report would be sent to Special
Branch. Had anything suspicious been found on the computer (it
wasn't!) then I could have expected a visit.

This is the first time I've heard anything about this (and my day job
is in the government security area, at least in part). Certainly I
don't recall Underground News warning LURS members about the risks of
photography. And the LU Traffic Circulars contain occasional notes
about allowing photographs except with tripods and flashes.

Do you know what the official 'take' on this from LUL is?