Old January 3rd 07, 07:58 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport,uk.transport.london

Default Is Edinburgh on the Tube?

"John B" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nick Pedley wrote:
[about lazy tourists at the Dome]
On a railway related note, try directing people to Waterloo or
Westminster
stations (both about 400m away) when they're too lazy to walk there.
"Where's the nearest cab stand?" is a common response from North American
accented lard-arses, "I'm not gonna walk all that way, it's too hard on
the
feet".

I was rather amused when getting the Tube from Oxford Circus to
Waterloo at about 11AM on New Year's Eve: a large group of weighty
North Americans bustled onto the train at Charing Cross, only to
unbustle again at Embankment.

Sadly, I didn't get to see if they were using paper single tickets...

Ahem, *blush*, ahem, the ticket seller refused to sell me a ticket way back
in 1994 when I was young and not sure of the route. They told how to walk
there which pleased me as I saved some cash.
FWIW I have advised people to join the District Line at Westminster by
walking over Westminster bridge but they still insisted on going backwards
to Waterloo to ride the train and change platforms 'as it made more sense'.
I don't get it as you can see Westminster station from where I work and the
way to get there but not Waterloo.

Nick
P.S. I did work at the Dome but that's not where I'm talking about today!