Old January 9th 07, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Mailrail

Anyone know the current status of the post office railway? I walked
past the winch at mount pleasent not long back and it was looking a bit
sorry for itself. Is the line still mothballed or has it been
dismantled?

B2003

Old January 9th 07, 11:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Anyone know the current status of the post office railway? I walked
past the winch at mount pleasent not long back and it was looking a bit
sorry for itself. Is the line still mothballed or has it been
dismantled?

Incidently, the land at Mount Pleasant is earmarked for redevelopment.

ESB

Old January 10th 07, 12:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Are you talking about the sorting centre or about the empty space next to
it?

When is redevelopment due to start?

Old January 10th 07, 08:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Where is the winch at Mt. Pleasant?

On the western side down that minor road that passes by the
wasteland-come-carpark. There are some gates and plenty of view
opportunities , not that theres much to see to be honest.

B2003

Old January 12th 07, 02:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Anyone know the current status of the post office railway? I walked
past the winch at mount pleasent not long back and it was looking a bit
sorry for itself. Is the line still mothballed or has it been
dismantled?

Incidently, the land at Mount Pleasant is earmarked for redevelopment.

##### I happened to stumble over this by accident
http://www.newlondonarchitecture.org...donsmoving.pdf

Old January 12th 07, 03:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london

k...

Boltar wrote:
Anyone know the current status of the post office railway? I walked
past the winch at mount pleasent not long back and it was looking a bit
sorry for itself. Is the line still mothballed or has it been
dismantled?

Incidently, the land at Mount Pleasant is earmarked for redevelopment.

##### I happened to stumble over this by accident
http://www.newlondonarchitecture.org...donsmoving.pdf
######## OOOPS forgot to say see page 40 for article on Mailrail