Old January 15th 07, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
d d is offline

Default Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

wrote in message
John B wrote:
Fine. So it's self defence, you're acquitted, and all is fine legally.
It's only if you try and kill him *while he's running away* that
there's a problem.

It seems to me there's a little hole here. Mr V is threatened
by Mr Y. Mr V feels his life is under threat, and begins to
act to kill Mr Y with a handly weapon. In between the time
V begins his "defensive attack" and the time the weapon kills
Mr Y, Y has (quite sensibly) turned to run. Y is therefore
(e.g) shot in the back. Should V be judged on the situation when
he decides to act and commits himself; or on the situation when the
bullet strikes home?

Mr Y is at fault, as he instigated the whole sorry affair. If Mr Y hadn't
threatened Mr V, none of that would have happened.

ObTransport: Interview with Bernhard Goetz
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...17/lkl.01.html

#Paul

Old January 15th 07, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:

I saw them through my window. They're not the brightest and thought no
one could see them or no one was home as they showed the gear off to
their mates or just thought no one cared enough to do anything since
they'd been there before (wrong - smoking pot is one thing , getting
out weapons is another entirely). So I called plod , who to their
credit actually showed up in a reasonable time but then blew it by
parking their van in the one place where the yobs could see it and
promtly legged it over a nearby wall before PC Dimwit and friend had
even got out (perhaps that was the idea). On the plus side we haven't
seen the kids again since though that could be just because of the
weather.

I think you'll have to do better than a bunch of yoof who didn't do anything
much.

As the Arctic Monkey's sing;

up rolls a riot van,
and sparks excitement in the boys,
but the policemen look annoyed,
perhaps these are ones they should avoid

we got a chase last night,
from men with truncheons dressed in hats,
we didn't do that much wrong,
still ran away though for the laugh,
just for the laugh

E.

Old January 15th 07, 10:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

d wrote:
"John B" wrote in message
oups.com...
Jonathan Morris wrote:
You must have done well to turn a blind eye to all of this.

Finsbury Park. And aside from the occasional smokings of weed, drunks
****ing against a wall, and one time when a dickhead in a chavmobile
was randomly throwing eggs at passers-by, I've genuinely not seen or
experienced any crime while I've been here.

I saw a guy steal a scooter cover near Finsbury Park. Oh, and there was
that mad imam guy. That's about it. That whole part of London looks scary
but is as safe as you can find.

In the first six months I lived in Finsbury Park, my ex-gf had £20
nicked out of the cash machine (she wasn't touched - they grabbed the
note as it came out).

We then lived there with no incidents whatsoever for six years.

Two years after I left, I did get a wallet nicked out of my (stupidly
slung over shoulder with pocket slightly open) bag while going upstairs
on a Routemaster in the bus station.

And that's it.
Old January 16th 07, 09:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

eastender wrote:
I think you'll have to do better than a bunch of yoof who didn't do anything
much.

Figures. Well they didn't do anything so thats ok. What would it take
for you to
get worried? Someone carrying a machine gun around? But so long as he
didn't
shoot anyone thats ok is it?

As the Arctic Monkey's sing;

Oh grow up for gods sake you stupid little boy.

B2003

Old January 16th 07, 09:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

d wrote:

OH ****! Crimes that didn't hurt you! You poor baby! Awww! How hard it
must have been, sitting inside, knowing someone's smoking POT nearby once

Reading is obviously not your strong point so I'll put it into language
someone of
your level might understand - they had weapons. Ok? I don't care about
the pot , they'd
done that on many other occasions. But call me old fashioned - I don't
like people with
weapons hanging around outside where I live.

I live in North London too, and I see a much different view of the outside
world. I guess poor evil in my book - it's obviously a different story
for you.

Get over yourself. That right-on misunderstood poor masses bullsh1t ran
out of
steam 20 years ago and most of these kids arn't even that poor anyway.
Give
me your address and I'll send some mates down there to hang around
outside
with some 4 inch blades, knuckle dusters and chuckas for an hour and
see
how you enjoy it.

B2003

Old January 16th 07, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article .com,
"Boltar" wrote:

eastender wrote:
I think you'll have to do better than a bunch of yoof who didn't do anything
much.

Figures. Well they didn't do anything so thats ok. What would it take
for you to
get worried? Someone carrying a machine gun around? But so long as he
didn't
shoot anyone thats ok is it?

Didn't you know - guns don't kill people; people kill people.

As the Arctic Monkey's sing;

Oh grow up for gods sake you stupid little boy.

I think your trouble is you haven't the first inkling of modern youth
culture. And I bet I'm older than you.

E.
Old January 16th 07, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Heres a site for you then: http://www.nra.com

I think your trouble is you haven't the first inkling of modern youth
culture.

Y0 br0, u 15 54d gr4nd4d h4ng1ng wit d4 1ee7 p055y , 5af3 y34h? 0r 15 u
ju57
t4lk1ng 5h1t?

I suspect the latter.

And I bet I'm older than you.

Doubt it. Unless you're seriously under developed.

B2003

Old January 16th 07, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
eastender wrote:

I think your trouble is you haven't the first inkling of modern youth
culture.

Y0 br0, u 15 54d gr4nd4d h4ng1ng wit d4 1ee7 p055y , 5af3 y34h? 0r 15 u
ju57
t4lk1ng 5h1t?

I think EE's point may have just been proven.

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org

Old January 17th 07, 02:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John B wrote:

Boltar wrote:

Y0 br0, u 15 54d gr4nd4d h4ng1ng wit d4 1ee7 p055y , 5af3 y34h? 0r 15 u
ju57
t4lk1ng 5h1t?

I think EE's point may have just been proven.

I think he had fun trying to put himself in the shoes of a 13 year old.
Sadly, he hasn't half his knickers in a text.

E.

Old January 17th 07, 09:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

eastender wrote:
Didn't you know - guns don't kill people; people kill people.

No, bullets kill people!

Jonathan