Old May 3rd 08, 11:54 AM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Default Oh my God, we haven't killed Kenny after all

Mayor Boris hints at role for Ken on new City Hall team

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/...at-.4048523.jp

Old May 3rd 08, 05:16 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On 3 May, 12:54, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Mayor Boris hints at role for Ken on new City Hall team

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/...at-.4048523.jp

Keep your friends close , keep your enemies closer. If Ken gets a
cushy well paid job in the new administration he won't be firing
potshots from the sidelines which is probably the thinking behind it.
Even so , I'd be surprised if it really happened - cant see
conservative central office going for it and from what I've read
they've got Boris on a tight leash.

B2003
Old May 3rd 08, 06:55 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
On 3 May, 12:54, "John Rowland"
wrote:
Mayor Boris hints at role for Ken on new City Hall team

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/...at-.4048523.jp

Keep your friends close , keep your enemies closer.

Indeed

If Ken gets a
cushy well paid job in the new administration he won't be firing
potshots from the sidelines which is probably the thinking behind it.

Sensible of course.

Even so , I'd be surprised if it really happened - cant see
conservative central office going for it and from what I've read
they've got Boris on a tight leash.

Well wouldn't you if you were the Conservative party. We all know of his
gaffes and as mayor of London and a pretty orthodox Conservative (which
Ken LMivingstone isn't vis-à-vis the Labour party) a cock-up on his part
could cost the Conservatives dear nationally.

Old May 5th 08, 12:56 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

On Sat, 3 May 2008, Boltar wrote:

On 3 May, 12:54, "John Rowland"
wrote:

Mayor Boris hints at role for Ken on new City Hall team

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/...at-.4048523.jp

Keep your friends close , keep your enemies closer. If Ken gets a cushy
well paid job in the new administration he won't be firing potshots from
the sidelines which is probably the thinking behind it.

Bang on. Plus, it means that if the Boris administration does crash and
burn, they can take Ken with them. Even better, they might be able to use
him a scapegoat.

Anyway, i think i've found out what it is Ken'll be doing - he's
apparently on the website team, in charge of finding web pages:

http://www.london.gov.uk/gla/elections/assembly.jsp

tom

--
Life finds a way. -- Ian Malcolm
Old May 5th 08, 09:22 PM posted to uk.local.london,uk.transport.london

.li

wrote:

Mayor Boris hints at role for Ken on new City Hall team

http://news.scotsman.com/latestnews/...at-.4048523.jp

Keep your friends close , keep your enemies closer. If Ken gets a
cushy well paid job in the new administration he won't be firing
potshots from the sidelines which is probably the thinking behind it.

Bang on. Plus, it means that if the Boris administration does crash
and burn, they can take Ken with them. Even better, they might be
able to use him a scapegoat.

Anyway, i think i've found out what it is Ken'll be doing - he's
apparently on the website team, in charge of finding web pages:

http://www.london.gov.uk/gla/elections/assembly.jsp

I'm impressed that Boris has already replaced Ken on this page:
http://www.london.gov.uk/mayor/