Old August 6th 03, 02:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

Default Graffiti on London Underground Trains - continues

Graffiti on London Underground Trains - continues

There has been a huge rise in graffiti on the insides of Circle,
District and Hammersmith & City Lines stock. This is usually of 'tags'
scrawled on the inside of every door using large felt tip pens. This
makes the trains look an absolute mess.

Apparently two perpetrators have been caught and jailed. Their
pictures were in the Metro recently. Yet the graffiti continues and
fresh tags are obvious. It appears that the culprits are in
competition to see who can get their tag onto EVERY door on the
system.

When I was on the H&C Line a while ago I was travelling from
Paddington to Hammersmith. This was at about 11.00.pm one weekday. The
train was largely empty. Two kids got on - a 16-18 year old,
Caucasian, black curly hair, blue jeans, track-suit top with hood,
youngish looking - and a young podgy white kid of about 10.

I watched the two kids duck down at every door and write something
with large felt tip pens. They gradually worked their way down the
train going through the connecting doors from one carriage to another.
Since they were obviously going to write on every door in the train I
decided to report them at the next stop - Westbourne Park. I ran up to
the front and told the driver what was going on. He immediately closed
all the doors and we walked right down the train to the end.
Unfortunately by then the kids had wised up why the train had stopped
for so long and scarpered. However they should have been picked up on
the CCTV there.

These two kids are NOT the ones that have been caught and whose photos
were in a recent Metro.

C.J.Brady.

Old August 6th 03, 02:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

I reported a similar incident on a SWT service to the guard who was checking
tickets. He locked himself in the guards compartment and let them escape
after they had finished ruining the first class carriage.

om...

Old August 6th 03, 08:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

[...]

Does your mobile take still pictures or video ?

Were you afraid to grab the little feckers yourself ?

No wonder the place is such a mess, the travelling public are such
snivelling wimps

Izerntit

Old August 7th 03, 08:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london
Jon Jon is offline

I actually detained one of a pair of little ****s who were doing this
recently on the Bakerloo line. The one that wasn't detained was being very
much jack the lad and mouthing off at me, but every time he did so, I gave
his mate a slap. I pointed out to the little **** that I had hold of, that
he would be able to give the slaps that he was collecting, to his mate later
on.

Give him his due, he did try and escape as we waited for the BTP to arrive,
but he soon found that my knee and his genetalia were not the most perfect
of matches. The BTP arrived soon after, whereby the little **** made all
sorts of allegations against me. Needless to say, once the train concerned
had been inspected at the depot and his pen matched to the graffiti, he
plead guilty to a charge of criminal damage.

I never did find out if his stroppy mate was charged with him, but I think
it would be sometime before this one thinks about vandalising a tube train
again (or walking upright again, un-aided!)

Old August 7th 03, 08:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

"Jon" wrote in message
[...]

Well done, keep it up (where you consider it most useful at that moment
:-) ).

Old August 7th 03, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.local.london

"Seanie O'Kilfoyle" wrote the following in:

Does your mobile take still pictures or video ?

Were you afraid to grab the little feckers yourself ?

He probably was. Most people would be because people like that can turn
violent.

No wonder the place is such a mess, the travelling public are such
snivelling wimps

I absolutely hate graffiti on trains but given the choice between
graffiti and the risk of serious personal injury, I'd choose the
graffiti.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.