Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 20th 07, 08:26 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Boys killed by Underground train after spraying graffiti

John B wrote:
Jonathan Morris wrote:
Perhaps it's time we started to think the same way about these things
(it doesn't mean you don't have sympathy for the family, especially if
they didn't know what their kids were doing). You just know that over
here, there will be an inquiry and a family will possibly end up suing,
and winning, compensation from LUL, the driver or maybe the security
guard/s for scaring them and making them panic...

You think that the UK is *more* nannyish and litigious than the US?
That's an impressive disconnect from reality.

In real life, there will not be an enquiry, nobody will sue anyone and
no compensation will be awarded - I'd happily bet £500 on that, if
anyone's up for it.

Despite occasional Political Correctness Gone Mad rants in the Daily
Wail, it is simply not the case in the UK that criminals are awarded
compensation for the injuries they acquire during their crimes.

I do wonder why these Daily Mail eternely bitter souls knowingly make
things up for their rants, are they just simply deluded, is their life
so crap that making things up to complain about means they shift blame
for their situation onto non-existant others rather than themselves.

Interesting that he uses the term "do good" as an insult, perhaps
starting to "do good" themself would cheer them up and mean they can
stop being so miserable.