London Banter

-   -   Snowy train scene (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/4917-snowy-train-scene.html)

January 25th 07 05:58 PM

Snowy train scene

In a number yesterdays Evening Standard and todays Times they had what
looked to be the same photo of the tube in a snowy scene. Am I right in
saying they were two Northern Line trains passing each other? Not sure
whereabouts on the line they are though.

January 25th 07 06:07 PM

Snowy train scene

wrote in message
In "a number" yesterdays Evening Standard and todays Times they had what
looked to be the same photo of the tube in a snowy scene. Am I right in
saying they were two Northern Line trains passing each other? Not sure
whereabouts on the line they are though.

Sorry ignore the words "a number"

January 25th 07 07:57 PM

Snowy train scene

Looked like the Piccadilly Line to me.

wrote in message
In a number yesterdays Evening Standard and todays Times they had what
looked to be the same photo of the tube in a snowy scene. Am I right in
saying they were two Northern Line trains passing each other? Not sure
whereabouts on the line they are though.

January 25th 07 08:09 PM

Snowy train scene

o.uk...

wrote in message
In a number yesterdays Evening Standard and todays Times they had what
looked to be the same photo of the tube in a snowy scene. Am I right in
saying they were two Northern Line trains passing each other? Not sure
whereabouts on the line they are though.

Oh any idea where?

eastender January 25th 07 08:32 PM

Snowy train scene

wrote in
:

Oh any idea where?

It;s a nice shot - was in today's Guardian too, if it was the same - going
th'ough woods so poss Highgate?

E.

January 25th 07 09:11 PM

Snowy train scene

"eastender" wrote in message
wrote in
:

Oh any idea where?

It;s a nice shot - was in today's Guardian too, if it was the same - going
th'ough woods so poss Highgate?

E.

It looks lovely.

Richard J. January 25th 07 09:34 PM

Snowy train scene

wrote:
"eastender" wrote in message
wrote in
:

Oh any idea where?

It;s a nice shot - was in today's Guardian too, if it was the same
- going th'ough woods so poss Highgate?

E.

It looks lovely.

It's the Piccadilly Line at Osterley, as stated by the caption in
yesterday's Evening Standard. Rather ironic, as that section is
maintained by Tube Lines and doesn't seem to have been affected as
various Metronet locations were.

--
Richard J.

Frank Incense January 25th 07 09:37 PM

Snowy train scene

If its this pic then its at Osterley
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article....travel.delays

January 25th 07 10:04 PM

Snowy train scene

"Frank Incense" wrote in message
If its this pic then its at Osterley
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article....travel.delays

So next station is Hounslow East.

Richard J. January 25th 07 11:37 PM

Snowy train scene

wrote:
"Frank Incense" wrote in message
If its this pic then its at Osterley
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article....travel.delays

So next station is Hounslow East.

The caption on the Guardian's web page, almost identical to that in
Wednesday's Standard, says "A Piccadilly line underground train crawls
along the snow-covered tracks as it approaches Osterley Station." From
the layout of bends and bridges, I would say that the train in the
foreground is an eastbound, and the photo was taken from the A4 Great
West Road looking (geographically) south. In which case, the next
station is Osterley, and then Boston Manor.
--
Richard J.