Old January 25th 07, 05:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Snowy train scene

In a number yesterdays Evening Standard and todays Times they had what
looked to be the same photo of the tube in a snowy scene. Am I right in
saying they were two Northern Line trains passing each other? Not sure
whereabouts on the line they are though.

Old January 25th 07, 06:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
In "a number" yesterdays Evening Standard and todays Times they had what
looked to be the same photo of the tube in a snowy scene. Am I right in
saying they were two Northern Line trains passing each other? Not sure
whereabouts on the line they are though.

Sorry ignore the words "a number"

Old January 25th 07, 08:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in
:

Oh any idea where?

It;s a nice shot - was in today's Guardian too, if it was the same - going
th'ough woods so poss Highgate?

E.

Old January 25th 07, 09:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

If its this pic then its at Osterley
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article....travel.delays

Old January 25th 07, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Frank Incense" wrote in message
If its this pic then its at Osterley
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article....travel.delays

So next station is Hounslow East.

Old January 25th 07, 11:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
"Frank Incense" wrote in message
If its this pic then its at Osterley
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/article....travel.delays

So next station is Hounslow East.

The caption on the Guardian's web page, almost identical to that in
Wednesday's Standard, says "A Piccadilly line underground train crawls
along the snow-covered tracks as it approaches Osterley Station." From
the layout of bends and bridges, I would say that the train in the
foreground is an eastbound, and the photo was taken from the A4 Great
West Road looking (geographically) south. In which case, the next
station is Osterley, and then Boston Manor.
--
Richard J.