Old March 2nd 07, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Helpline Cost

On 1 Mar 2007 08:58:09 -0800, "John B" wrote:

On 1 Mar, 16:20, Paul Terry wrote:

"[Journeycall's] Travel Advisors currently answer over 3000 live calls a
day, about half of them on behalf of clients.

The other half being their mates...?

I remember reading a tale in one of Scott Adams' "Dilbert" books in
which the protagonist (I can't recall now whether it was Adams himself
or a reader) used to work in a call centre where performance was
measured by number of incoming calls handled. This worked well enough
until the staff discovered that one of them calling another not only
kept them looking busy whilst not actually working, but gave the
department credit for an incoming call.

Numbers rocketed...

Old March 2nd 07, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Helen Deborah Vecht) wrote:

Paul Terry typed

Ah, got it! The Oyster website gives another number for the
24-hour Oyster helpline: 01561 376 082. That's Aberdeenshire.

A bit more googling finds:
http://www.journeycall.com/services41.htm

"[Journeycall's] Travel Advisors currently answer over 3000 live
calls a day, about half of them on behalf of clients. Services
include megabus.com, megatrain.com and TfL's adult Oyster Card".

Interesting, thanks.

Laurencekirk and Brechin are not at the back of Scottish
beyondness, are they? ;-)

Further away from London than Fife, though.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 1st 07, 05:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On Feb 28, 5:11 pm, "Graham J" wrote:
I've done that, but they may take seven days to reply, and I am not
sure if they can access my specific card details or fix anything.
When they respond I'll see.

They may take seven days to reply but they have been a lot quicker when I've
used them. They are just another arm of the Oyster Helpdesk so they can
access all your details and fix things and process refunds. Quite a few
people have expressed the opinion they are more knowledgeable and efficient
than those manning the phones.

Well, it's more than a month on now and they never did reply. I seem
to be 40p down on what I should be, but I can't see the point of
spending that on a phone call.

Still, if anyone can work out what happened ... I started the day
with £4.40 credit. Due to some problem with touching out of the DLR
at the continuation interchange at Canary Wharf, I was refused entry
to Canary Wharf LU.

The person at the counter did something and said "it should go through
now". I said "will it be treated as a continuation?" but he didn't
answer and there was a long queue so I had to go without interrogating
him on what he had done.

When I got to Kensal Green, I found that I had been charged £3 instead
of the £2 I expected if it was a continuation (ie I had £1.40 left).
I decided that given that I was going to reach the capping limit
during the day anyway, I would let it go.

I put another £1 on the card, making a total of £5.40 credit for the
day. I didn't go out of zones 1 and 2 or start till well after the
morning peak, so the capping limit should have been £4.60, leaving me
with 80p credit.

That evening, my card gave an error message on both a bendy bus and
the DLR. (This didn't deter me from travelling.) I wanted to know
what was going on and whether I could risk using the card again, which
is why I emailed them.

I had the chance to read it at a machine, and it turned out that I
have got 40p credit. I can't think of any combination that could
explain this.