Old March 20th 07, 06:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default it's just for you

I'd like to make some friends, and the following is my pictures on my
blog,please contact me if you like me http://www.nobcoinc.org/mypictures.zip

Old March 20th 07, 08:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default it's just for you - Trojan-infected file

wrote:
I'd like to make some friends, and the following is my pictures on
my blog,please contact me if you like me
http://www.nobcoinc.org/mypictures.zip

That zip file includes an .exe file which contains a Trojan. Post
reported to

--
Richard J.

Old March 23rd 07, 09:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Howdon ) gurgled
happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Post reported to

Out of interest what does Google have to do with a Usenet group? What
exactly can they do about spam and other malicious postings on it?

Since the post in question was posted through Google Groups, they could
kill the poster's account. They won't, but they could.
Old March 24th 07, 06:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

Out of interest what does Google have to do with a Usenet group?
What exactly can they do about spam and other malicious postings
on it?

Since the post in question was posted through Google Groups, they
could kill the poster's account. They won't, but they could.

Their (presumably automated) reply to my abuse report said:
"Google does not regularly monitor or censor postings sent to Google
Groups, but we do try to prevent wide-scale spam and other forms of
Usenet abuse. Please be assured that the information you sent to us is
being collected and taken into account. ... We are using the information
you provide to make large-scale improvements in preventing abuse. We
appreciate your help in our efforts to increase the quality of Google
Groups."

In other words "Thanks, but we won't do anything."