Old March 26th 13, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 17 London Underground Maps You Never Knew You Needed

http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/...new-you-needed

Old March 27th 13, 09:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message

, at 17:12:31 on Tue, 26 Mar 2013, Recliner
remarked:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/...new-you-needed

I wonder if they have "deliberate mistakes" like some other map-makers.
The "World map", for example, has (amongst others) what's probably
supposed to be Geneva marked as "Stuttgart".
Old March 27th 13, 10:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013 10:44:55 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message

, at 17:12:31 on Tue, 26 Mar 2013, Recliner
remarked:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/...new-you-needed

I wonder if they have "deliberate mistakes" like some other map-makers.
The "World map", for example, has (amongst others) what's probably
supposed to be Geneva marked as "Stuttgart".

Even worse, Middlesbrough is mislabeled as Sheffield!
Old March 27th 13, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message

, at 17:12:31 on Tue, 26 Mar 2013, Recliner
remarked:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/...new-you-needed

I wonder if they have "deliberate mistakes" like some other map-makers.
The "World map", for example, has (amongst others) what's probably
supposed to be Geneva marked as "Stuttgart".

Even worse, Middlesbrough is mislabeled as Sheffield!

I suspect both of those remarks were jokes, but I'll reply anyway. That
world map is supposed to show cities which have some sort of metro,
which is why Sheffield is included and Middlesbrough isn't. I don't know
why Geneva is not included.

Old March 27th 13, 12:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

In message

, at 17:12:31 on Tue, 26 Mar 2013, Recliner
remarked:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/expresident/...new-you-needed

I wonder if they have "deliberate mistakes" like some other map-makers.
The "World map", for example, has (amongst others) what's probably
supposed to be Geneva marked as "Stuttgart".

Even worse, Middlesbrough is mislabeled as Sheffield!

I suspect both of those remarks were jokes, but I'll reply anyway. That
world map is supposed to show cities which have some sort of metro,
which is why Sheffield is included and Middlesbrough isn't. I don't know
why Geneva is not included.

Some sort of metro - I'm not sure, maybe if you include trams
(Sheffield, Dublin, Karlsruhe...) and automatic funiculars (Laon).
Ludwigshafen has trams that go underground (disastrously it turns out,
Charleroi-style) so half way to a metro.

I really like the circular tube map, reminds me of one of the Munich
fare zone plans! The two older "real" underground maps are gorgeous,
I think, and the first one reminds me that advertising *on* the map
didn't start with a cable car.

Richard.