Old March 23rd 07, 12:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The Last Bus

David Cantrell typed

On Wed, Mar 21, 2007 at 02:55:03PM +0000, Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

Not all disabilities are equal, not all disabled people are equal, not
all are wheelchair users. For some people with disabilities, a
Routemaster is wonderful as there is a good chance that a seat will be
available and there's a conductor to help. Finding a seat on a
buggy-cluttered low-floor bus isn't always easy...

Precisely. Travelling by bus with my mother was easier on Routemasters
than on the bendy buses that replaced them on the only routes we use
together. The reasons being that there were more seats, and that there
was a nice chap with a ticket machine, who was far easier for her to use
than the roadside vending machines that replaced him. It's kinda hard
to buy a ticket from a machine when you can't see it.

I'd bet that nice man came to your seat when it was much easier to
handle money than whe you were standing by the bus stop with bags &
walking sticks in hand...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.