Old March 29th 07, 10:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default A Transport Joke

This appeared today in rec.humor.funny and for reasons inexplicable a
certain transport operator came to mind. I shall leave said operator
nameless for dignity's sake.

Letter to the Transport Authority:

-+-+-+-+-

Gentlemen:

I have been riding trains daily for the last two years, and the service on
your line seems to be getting worse every day. I am tired of standing in the
aisle all the time on a 14-mile trip. I think the transportation system is
worse than that enjoyed by people 2,000 years ago.

Yours truly,
A Commuter

-+-+-+-+-

Dear Sir:

We received your letter with reference to the shortcomings of our service
and believe you are somewhat confused in your history. The only mode of
transportation 2,000 years ago was by foot.

Sincerely,
The Railroad

-+-+-+-+-

Gentlemen:

I am in receipt of your letter, and I think you are the ones who are
confused in your history. If you will refer to the Bible, Book of David,
9th Chapter, you will find that Balaam rode to town on his ass. That,
gentlemen, is something I have not been able to do on your train in the last
two years.

Yours truly,
A Commuter

Henleys corner crossing - someone tell me this is a joke [email protected] London Transport 78 October 12th 11 04:15 AM
Is This A Joke? - London The Easiest City In Europe To Get Around Paul London Transport 3 July 7th 11 03:10 PM
SNOW JOKE George London Transport 35 December 4th 10 12:49 PM
LU Closures Beyond a Joke MIG London Transport 30 September 17th 09 03:05 PM
Euston Station Underground upgrade a joke. [email protected] London Transport 43 November 12th 07 10:51 AM