Old April 8th 07, 08:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Southern's 13 Power Box Scheme

DERWENT Southern's 13 Power Box Scheme
Wed, 04 Apr 2007 09:05:59 +0100, Graeme Wall

In message
PRAR wrote:

DERWENT Southern's 13 Power Box Scheme
3 Apr 2007 12:25:07 -0700, "D7666"

On Apr 3, 8:20 am, Graeme Wall wrote:

http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail/sigbox/sigbox.htm

Digressing, my default browser is Mozilla 1.7.13.

Worked ok for me in Firefox/2.0.0.3. Almost all the links are on the
map, with just a link on the image and mailto. The colour roll over on
the image is broken though.

Thanks for that, I'd deleted the roll-over code in error, should work now.

Works now.

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greywall.demon.co.uk%2F rail%2Fsigbox%2Fsigbox.htm
isn't too happy though...

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/ and http://prar.fotopic.net/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. --Dick Cavett

Old April 8th 07, 08:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

PRAR wrote:

DERWENT Southern's 13 Power Box Scheme
3 Apr 2007 12:25:07 -0700, "D7666"

On Apr 3, 8:20 am, Graeme Wall wrote:

http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail/sigbox/sigbox.htm

Digressing, my default browser is Mozilla 1.7.13.

Worked ok for me in Firefox/2.0.0.3. Almost all the links are on the
map, with just a link on the image and mailto. The colour roll over on
the image is broken though.

Thanks for that, I'd deleted the roll-over code in error, should work now.

Works now.

Good :-)

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greywall.demon.co.uk%2F rail%2Fsigbox%2Fsigbox.htm
isn't too happy though...

So I see, very confusing though, eg error 6 says that /head has no opening
head element but that is in the second line of the page. Most of the
errors are due to a wrong Doctype declaration, should be 4.01 rather than
3.6. Changing that reduces it to 5 errors, which still includes the /head
'error'. I think that has something to do with the meta tags but I'll have
to read up on it.

PRAR

--
Graeme Wall
This address is not read, substitute trains for rail.
Old April 8th 07, 10:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Graeme Wall wrote:
So I see, very confusing though, eg error 6 says that /head has no opening
head element but that is in the second line of the page. Most of the
errors are due to a wrong Doctype declaration, should be 4.01 rather than
3.6. Changing that reduces it to 5 errors, which still includes the /head
'error'. I think that has something to do with the meta tags but I'll have
to read up on it.

Try the following:
1) Change the doctype to:
!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"

2) Add type="text" to your SCRIPT tag.

3) Move the BASEFONT tag from the head to the body (or better
still, delete it completely). If you leave it in, you need to add a
SIZE parameter.

3) Remove the ul and /ul tags.

It should now validate. Of course it might not work now...

Neil Sunderland
--
Braunton, Devon
Please observe the Reply-To address.

NP: Leroy Hutson - Get to This (You'll Get to Me)
Old April 10th 07, 12:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Graeme Wall wrote:
[...]

Thanks, I'll give that lot a try. Then update the rest of the site!
Originally composed using a set of templates and a macro-inserter. I really
ought to convert the lot to CSS when I get time.