Old April 3rd 07, 11:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Every End Tube Station in One Day!!!

Well I had the crazy idea for the past few weeks after remember it had
been done by a couple of New Yorkers...

The mission was to travel the length of the London underground, to
visit everyone station from every tube line.

I am happy to announce that I have completed it and would like to
share this feat with you all.

First post:
http://sfoswald.spaces.live.com/blog...D12!2427.entry

Second post:
http://sfoswald.spaces.live.com/blog...D12!3078.entry

Pictures:
http://sfoswald.spaces.live.com/photos/

I am very glad it's over and was one hell of a long tube journey.
Taking just over 15 hours none stop on the move.

Laters,..

Old April 4th 07, 01:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 00:52:19 +0100, Dave wrote:

The mission was to travel the length of the London underground, to
visit everyone station from every tube line.

I am very glad it's over and was one hell of a long tube journey.
Taking just over 15 hours none stop on the move.

Errrr, the world record is 18hours 25min [http://lund.dyndns.org/gwr/]
Think you might have missed a bit?

--
Fig
Old April 4th 07, 01:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave wrote:
Well I had the crazy idea for the past few weeks after remember it
had been done by a couple of New Yorkers...

The mission was to travel the length of the London underground, to
visit everyone station from every tube line.

Described in that way, it is the well-known (over here anyway) "Tube
Challenge" - see www.tubechallenge.com
But it's not the challenge you actually set yourself, which, according
to your blog and the title of this thread, was to visit each end point
(terminus station) of each line (except the Circle Line presumably!),
not to visit every station.

You apparently chose to do it on a Sunday, which is convenient (or
cheating?) because the Waterloo & City line is closed.

I am happy to announce that I have completed it and would like to
share this feat with you all.

First post:
http://sfoswald.spaces.live.com/blog...D12!2427.entry

Second post:
http://sfoswald.spaces.live.com/blog...D12!3078.entry

Pictures:
http://sfoswald.spaces.live.com/photos/

I am very glad it's over and was one hell of a long tube journey.
Taking just over 15 hours none stop on the move.

Well done! However, it would have been useful to have a photo at every
terminus. I didn't notice High Barnet, Mill Hill East, Amersham,
Aldgate, Stanmore, Harrow & Wealdstone, Elephant & Castle, Richmond,
Hammersmith H&C, New Cross Gate, Walthamstow Central. Did you visit all
those?

What in fact was the route you took?
--
Richard J.

Old April 4th 07, 01:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:

You apparently chose to do it on a Sunday, which is convenient (or
cheating?) because the Waterloo & City line is closed.

It was April Fool's Day, no less.
--
Michael Hoffman
Old April 4th 07, 07:08 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well I had the crazy idea for the past few weeks after remember it had

snippink

Me ant a frend try'd to WALK the hole unterrgrand but was putting off -
sometime we saw a trane!

--
Viddlêr Sêllbøê

The only true lesbians are men
Shavkat Mirziyayev

Old April 4th 07, 09:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Viddlêr Sêllbøê" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well I had the crazy idea for the past few weeks after remember it had

snippink

Me ant a frend try'd to WALK the hole unterrgrand but was putting off -
sometime we saw a trane!

--
Viddlêr Sêllbøê

The only true lesbians are men
Shavkat Mirziyayev

Youve done some great photos.

Old April 4th 07, 10:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

"Viddlêr Sêllbøê" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well I had the crazy idea for the past few weeks after remember it had

snippink

Me ant a frend try'd to WALK the hole unterrgrand but was putting off -
sometime we saw a trane!

--
Viddlêr Sêllbøê

The only true lesbians are men
Shavkat Mirziyayev

Youve done some great photos.

Aff yu scene my kollecshun?

Old April 5th 07, 07:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message

"Viddlêr Sêllbøê" wrote in message
"Dave" wrote in message
oups.com...
Well I had the crazy idea for the past few weeks after remember it had
snippink

Me ant a frend try'd to WALK the hole unterrgrand but was putting off -
sometime we saw a trane!

--
Viddlêr Sêllbøê

The only true lesbians are men
Shavkat Mirziyayev

Youve done some great photos.

Aff yu scene my kollecshun?

--
Viddlêr Sêllbøê

What you saying?

Old April 5th 07, 08:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Apr 4, 10:28 pm, wrote:
"Viddlêr Sêllbøê" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
roups.com...
Well I had the crazy idea for the past few weeks after remember it had

snippink

Me ant a frend try'd to WALK the hole unterrgrand but was putting off -
sometime we saw a trane!

--
Viddlêr Sêllbøê

The only true lesbians are men