Old June 16th 09, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Every station within the Travelcard area?

Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

Old June 16th 09, 06:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
10:34:15 on Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Dr. Sunil
remarked:
Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

Anyone who has attempted the Guinness Book of Records "visit every
station in the shortest time" will have, err, visited every [tube]
station.
Old June 16th 09, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 June, 18:40, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
10:34:15 on Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Dr. Sunil
remarked:

Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

Anyone who has attempted the Guinness Book of Records "visit every
station in the shortest time" will have, err, visited every [tube]
station.

Ah but I said "rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the Travelcard
area".
Old June 16th 09, 07:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dr. Sunil" wrote:

Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

You need to stay in more. ;-)

Old June 16th 09, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 June, 19:00, Tony Polson wrote:
"Dr. Sunil" wrote:

Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

You need to stay in more. *;-)

Sorry forgot to post a link to my pics!
Unfortunately not on my own website but they are on Wikimedia Commons.
To see them all as a (sortable) list go to:
http://toolserver.org/~daniel/WikiSe...me&format=html

To see what I contributed for an individual station, go to:

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Main_Page
and type in:

Sunil060902 [station name]

in the search box on the left.

eg.
Sunil060902 Gants Hill

Didn't go for any records, just did them all slowly but surely over
the last year and a bit!

Old June 16th 09, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
In message
, at
10:34:15 on Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Dr. Sunil
remarked:
Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

Anyone who has attempted the Guinness Book of Records "visit every station
in the shortest time" will have, err, visited every [tube] station.

what counts as "visited"?

The thought the tube "competition" just requires you to pass through. By
that criteria I think I have passed the Doctors test, but I certainly
haven't stood on the platform or in the booking hall of most of them, I'm
not that strange :-)

tim

Old June 16th 09, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message
, at
10:54:28 on Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Dr. Sunil
remarked:
Anyone who has attempted the Guinness Book of Records "visit every
station in the shortest time" will have, err, visited every [tube]
station.

Ah but I said "rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the Travelcard
area".

Sure, but "every tube station" covers one big chunk of that.
Old June 16th 09, 08:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 20:13:13 on Tue, 16
Jun 2009, tim..... remarked:
Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

Anyone who has attempted the Guinness Book of Records "visit every station
in the shortest time" will have, err, visited every [tube] station.

what counts as "visited"?

That depends. While some us appreciate that the OP has photographed the
outside, you could qualify just by photographing the platforms...
Old June 16th 09, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

Just to turn the tables a bit how many London Bus Routes have you
travelled on?

By about 1980 I had done every inch of London's bus network, apart from
three roads which could only be done at difficult hours (Northumberland
Avenue, Ballards Road in Dagenham and Whitefoot Lane in Catford). Of course
the network is a lot denser now.

Old June 16th 09, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dr. Sunil" wrote in message
Just wondering: How many of us have visited (and in my case,
photographed) every rail, tube, DLR and tram station within the
Travelcard area (including Metropolitan stations out to "Zone 9")?

I remember reading your account of visiting every station on this
newsgroup many years ago :-)

I have passed through every station in London although I didn't get off
at every station.

Peter Smyth