Old August 10th 03, 07:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

Default flaming hell!!

in which a Westminster parking attendant slaps tickets on fire service
vehicles while at the scene of a fire.

Old August 10th 03, 08:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In article , Cast_Iron

in which a Westminster parking attendant slaps tickets on fire service
vehicles while at the scene of a fire.

To be fair to the guy - they were support vehicles and the fire engines
had left the scene - one might argue it was not an emergency and he
might not know there had been one. (Anyway that's how I read the news
article). Whatever the excuses it does seem a bit over zealous!
--
John Alexander,

Remove NOSPAM if replying by e-mail
Old August 10th 03, 01:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

"John" wrote in message
In article , Cast_Iron

a Westminster parking attendant slaps tickets on fire service
vehicles while at the scene of a fire.

To be fair to the guy - they were support vehicles and
the fire engines had left the scene - one might argue
it was not an emergency and he might not know there
had been one. (Anyway that's how I read the news article).
Whatever the excuses it does seem a bit over zealous!

I've seen examples of extreme arrogance by firemen recently. Three fire
engines attended a theatre near the Swiss Cent they could have easily
parked without obstructing other vehicles, but they blocked the entire road,
creating gridlock in the surrounding area. Their behaviour on arrival
suggested that the fire had already been put out by theatre staff, or was a
false alarm. They hung around for ages, with nightclubbing teenage girls
climbgetting into the driving seats and having their photos taken by their
friends. Within earshot was another emergency vehicle heading to a different
incident, clearly stuck in the gridlock going nowhere.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old August 10th 03, 01:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.transport

In article ,
says...

climbgetting

That's a new one on me. Does it involve short skirts, perchance?

--
"EDS herding cats? EDS couldn't herd a tortoise in a barrel
without ****ing it up!" - Anon