Old April 24th 07, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default River Services

When the O2 Millenium Dome reopens in July, Thames Clipper Services are
going to reinvigorate their Commuter Line service introduce an enhanced
service travelling to and from the Dome until about 2am in the morning. Has
anyone got any intelligence what piers this new service will call at? Will
it be the same piers as now but running until later - or is it just going
to be an express service between the West End and the Dome? Will there be
an enhanced Service from Greenwich? Will it still start/terminate at Savoy
pier?

Any information would be very much appreciated

Rgds
Philip

Old April 24th 07, 07:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Phil wrote:
When the O2 Millenium Dome reopens in July, Thames Clipper Services are
going to reinvigorate their Commuter Line service introduce an enhanced
service travelling to and from the Dome until about 2am in the morning. Has
anyone got any intelligence what piers this new service will call at? Will
it be the same piers as now but running until later - or is it just going
to be an express service between the West End and the Dome? Will there be
an enhanced Service from Greenwich? Will it still start/terminate at Savoy
pier?

The current River Services Guide says the following:

quote

From 1 July a new and enhanced service will be introduced to serve the
QEII Pier at North Greenwich, for the O2 Venue (Millennium Dome).
Details will be available from late June at tfl.gov.uk/river or
thamesclippers.com.

/quote

The Thames Clippers site is slightly more useful, stating:

quote

Discover the benefits of high speed river travel on the new Thames
Clippers O2 express service, a unique service every 15 minutes from the
West End via London Bridge, Canary Wharf and Greenwich.

/quote

So my guess would be either Savoy or Embankment Piers - London Bridge
City - Canary Wharf - Greenwich - QEII.

HTH,

Barry
Old April 25th 07, 07:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london,soc.men

"Phil" wrote in message
When the O2 Millenium Dome reopens in July, Thames Clipper Services

Thomas Crapper would provide better service.

Old April 25th 07, 12:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Apr, 11:12, "Phil" wrote:
When the O2 Millenium Dome reopens in July, Thames Clipper Services are
going to reinvigorate their Commuter Line service introduce an enhanced
service travelling to and from the Dome until about 2am in the morning. Has
anyone got any intelligence what piers this new service will call at? Will
it be the same piers as now but running until later - or is it just going
to be an express service between the West End and the Dome? Will there be
an enhanced Service from Greenwich? Will it still start/terminate at Savoy
pier?

Any information would be very much appreciated

Rgds
Philip

Have a look at the Thames Clippers website.

Looks like the Greenwich service but missing out a few of the stops.

Hasn't mentioned the frequencies or the times.

But a faster (from stopping less) commuter service is a good idea.

Not sure how much traffic the Dome will provide. I would guess only at
show times.

I would guess it'll probably just end up as another stop on the
Greenwich service.

It's other attractions are still best served by the Jubilee and local
buses.

Old April 28th 07, 12:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Judging by the fact they've called it the O2 Express I suspect it may
well only be calling at the places they mention i.e. Savoy, London
Bridge, Canary Wharf, Greenwich and the O2.

This would be a great shame for the large number of people who
regularly use Greenland and Masthouse Terrace piers. Greenwich is less
popular with Thames Clippers customers and yet it looks set to get a
15 minute service. I would love to see at least one boat an hour, or
ideally every half hour, stopping at Greenland and Masthouse as it
would be a great way to get home from the West End of an evening.
Maybe a good solution would be to stop at least the eastbound boats at
those piers in the late evening otherwise I can see them being pretty
empty as hardly anyone will want to be travelling TO the O2 late at
night I reckon.

I spoke to the lady at Canary Wharf ticket office earlier this week
and she told me the service would be running 24 hours a day from June
and she didn't seem too happy about the shifts she'd have to work. Not
sure if this is true or whether she was just referring to a 2am finish
and had got a bit confused. Either way, a night boat sounds like a
great way to get home from the West End - I'd definitely use it in
preference to the night bus!

Old April 28th 07, 01:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 27 Apr 2007 17:06:29 -0700, Mudchute wrote:

Judging by the fact they've called it the O2 Express I suspect it may
well only be calling at the places they mention i.e. Savoy, London
Bridge, Canary Wharf, Greenwich and the O2.

The where?

Oh, the Dome?
Old April 29th 07, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Mudchute" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I agree with you - I often use the service between Greenland and Bankside
and would use it far later if it were available though I'm not sure about
using it instead of the Night Bus. I can imagine lots of drunks heaving over
the back of the boat - and possibly a few wet feet as people tried to get
on/off the boat under the influence!

I would use it to Greenwich if it were to go there more regularly. Outside
the rush hours, it doesn't seem to go beyond Masthead.
In the West End the use of Savoy Pier is a bit of a joke - Westminster or
Charing Cross would be much more preferable.
We'll just have to see what July brings
Rgds
Philip

Old April 30th 07, 11:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Rob Rob is offline

On 29 Apr, 15:41, "Phil" wrote:
"Mudchute" wrote in message

oups.com...

[...]

Philip- Hide quoted text -

I suppose the tourist services keep Charing Cross pier too busy. It
would be great if they could do away with the tour boats altogether
and just have a frequent commuter service that you could get a
commentary on headphones if you wanted it. I took the Clipper down to
Woolwich on Saturday, sat out on the back deck in the sunshine was
about the best £3.70 you can spend in London. Tourist boats charge a
tenner just to go round the pool of London at a crawl, if I was a
tourist in London Id prefer the Clipper service.

Rob